Overkill "Years Of Decay" Tone Match

Dave Z

Inspired
Here's my V10 Tone Match based on the album "Years Of Decay" from Overkill.

This tone match was done with a FRFR setup, and the guitar used was a PRS SE245 with stock pickups.

Enjoy!

Dave Z

Attachments

• OVERKILL YEARS TM DZ 1005.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 50
Oh, sweet! I was just listening to this album for the first time yesterday since the early 90's! I forgot how progressive the arrangements were on this one, and Gustafson's guitar riffs are crushing (though I'm still not fond of Ellsworth's vocals). "Nothing to Die For" is one of my favorite thrash songs.

I was trying to find out what gear Gustafson used on that album and was having no luck. What amp model did you use as the basis of your TM?

Oh, sweet! I was just listening to this album for the first time yesterday since the early 90's! I forgot how progressive the arrangements were on this one, and Gustafson's guitar riffs are crushing (though I'm still not fond of Ellsworth's vocals). "Nothing to Die For" is one of my favorite thrash songs.

I was trying to find out what gear Gustafson used on that album and was having no luck. What amp model did you use as the basis of your TM?

I used a brit 800 mod with a drive pedal in front. I also used a cabinet in this TM, and tried to get the sound of the patch as close as possible to the source before I did the TM. I've found that this gets better results, so I'm now leaving the cab blocks enabled in my TM patches.

Dave Z

cool thanks man. Still learning the difference in setups in the axe though. This is for an FRFR setup. I am setup right now axe fx II going through a mesa 50/50 into BBE 482i and into my 412. Will it still sound the same or do I need to alter the patch since I am basically running a live setup.

Back
Top Bottom