Overdrive matching

Wildwind

Experienced
Not sure if that's the right term...

I have a Wampler Ecstasy that I love, but don't need anymore (it's on my backup board). I really like what it brings to the table tonally. What overdrive in the Axe-Fx II comes closest? Zendrive? I've never played a Zen - are they pretty much the same thing tonally? Understand where I'm coming from - I think this is the best-sounding overdrive ever.

What about a Timmy? I always loved using it for low-gain stuff for the tone it added. And it worked so well with other overdrives, I'd usually just leave it on, stacking the Ecstasy with it for some righteous solo tones. Is there a Timmy in the Axe?

If I'm way better off just using the amp models, speak up and let me know your tricks. That's what I do usually - I just dug out my pedalboard and plugged it into the Axe for the first time (got my Axe last summer) and these pedals do sound great. But I have no interest in actually using them on the gig.

being ecstacy built around a Dumble kind of tone, i'd go with one of the Dumble amp block with power amp sim disabled.

Back
Top Bottom