"OVER 9000 RIFFS !" (One man band - 8min Progressive Metal)

clems6belio

Hi guys !

Here is my first real recording with the Axe FX II. Got it in september, but I didn't composed a full song with it since, only mix/tone tests.

Don't hesitate to comment and download if you like it. Here is :

So, 8 minutes progressive metal on a 6 string Ibanez RGA 32 (haha), standard tuning ! I used the EVH III model here (and peavey 4x12 cab).
Bass is my new Ibanez SR605, which is reaaaally cool. (only one patch, all the infos, and clip of the bass only,
were posted in this thread : http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-recordings/58539-fat-bass-attempt-axe-fx-ii-no-b7k-haha.html)

Actually I'm firstly drummer, I usually record all my pattern with my electronic set, 'cause it's SO MUCH TIME SAVED haha, and I don't have to programm for hours. But here I tabbed all the drums with guitar pro (tab that you can download by the link on my soundcloud page ^^), so I didn't play so much parts with my e-kit this time.

What can I say more ?

I put some vocals on it to, screams, choirs, I particulary like those vox from 2:20 to 3:15, pretty catchy around 3min nah ? No ? Ok...
Ableton Live 8, and greats plugins from Waves and iZotope :)

Feedback would be appreciated :D

I like it. The one critique I have is that there's too much bass. More specifically, it sounds like too much sub-bass. I'd suggest adding a bass mask. Either a high pass filter on your bass patch or one on the bass track bus (maybe both?). It'll allow your kick to come through more and won't dominate the overall mix. Other than that, I'm digging it. Nice chops.

I like that "too much bass" impression in metal haha, but yeah here the low end is pretty out of control and the whole thing gets quickly muddy.

Thanks to comment :)

Back
Top Bottom