Over 90% is bad?

So if you just set up a preset .with say a Cry--drv--flanger--Amp--412(UR)-- delay --verb how much CPU% will that use ??

I threw one together really quick to see. Using mono UR cab with modern preamp on HQ and reverb on HQ I hit 69%. (huh huh. 69)

My personal scare point is 92.

With or Without USB linked?
I mean... to me seems that the USB link not only take some % points but also make more easy that kind of digital-clipped sound (if I'm to 90/92% without USB don't clip; with USB it clip).
And hitting strings with more energy make it to clip when you are on that red line.
So if i'm recording direct USB my CPU red line is about 87%.

I've noticed since upgrading to latest fw a few patches have started to go over the 90% mark. Not sure why.

Are you referring to the jump into 18.01, or the small changes up to 18.07? Have you done a comparison by going back?
The process of building any new FW revision may involve steps that inherently bump up or down the indicated CPU usage as an unintended consequence.

Yeah, the res on the cab makes a big difference. You can also put the reverb on normal quality instead of high quality. If you get real desperate you can get rid of the reverb and play with the "room" control in the cab block to try to go for the same effect of space. You could also get rid of that drive block if you aren't using it. Changing the mic from null to none can lower it some also if you aren't using the proximity control.

I've noticed since upgrading to latest fw a few patches have started to go over the 90% mark. Not sure why.

As I've been playing some of my other presets, I'm going over 90% as well. Since upgrading to FW18.07 that is.

Back
Top Bottom