Output volume 2 problem!

Hello everyone!

So I learned out to configure the axe 2 to go through PA and cab. However, although the VU meter for output 1 looks normal meaning I can manipulate the volume directly, output 2's volume seems rather low. In other words they are not equal in volume nor do I know how to directly manipulate output 2's volume so that it will match output 1. Again this is according to the VU meter in the utility menu. I know I can raise the volume to the cab or PA with the volume knobs in front of the AXE fx.

Any thoughts?

Did you try turning up the Output 2 knob on the front panel?

What is your routing like in the preset?

How do you have your output settings in the Global IO menu?

Cab block can alter signal level, which seems to be what you're noticing. Out 2 level can be adjusted via "row" level control(s) in the FX Loop block. If you need to adjust per scene, use FXL main level slider.

Alternatively you could adjust cab block level, then amp block level to return to original output level.

If the level difference happens to be about the same in each preset, you could instead increase the Out 2 global EQ gain slider.

Cab block can alter signal level, which seems to be what you're noticing. Out 2 level can be adjusted via "row" level control(s) in the FX Loop block. If you need to adjust per scene, use FXL main level slider.

Alternatively you could adjust cab block level, then amp block level to return to original output level.

If the level difference happens to be about the same in each preset, you could instead increase the Out 2 global EQ gain slider.

Good point... Since I use FRFR my mind assumed that's "cab" was referring to. :)

This is what I do, as well. It does get a little complicated with the Cab block making a difference in the volume, but the FX Loop block's level controls are your friend here for Output 2.

When you go to check the VU Meters for Output 2, instead of using the Quick Access Knob A to adjust the Amp Level, just take note of how many dBs over/under you are and turn your FX Loop level down/up to compensate.

In the FX Loop you have 8 scene volume settings. As far as setting levels between out 1 FOH and your amp on out 2 I would try and do it by ear live.

Back
Top Bottom