Output options/advice on the AXEXL

tallcoolone

Inspired
Just picked up a Matrix power amp to throw in my rack with the AXE and I'm wondering what outputs to use. Currently, I am using "OUTPUT 1" exclusively...at home, I run the 1/4" L/R outputs out to a mixer that runs my studio monitors. The XLRs are what I use live as 2 mono outs--one to my stage monitor and one to FOH. Now I am planning on continuing to use it this same way maybe 75% of the time so I want these connections to stay. But 25% of the time I want to bypass the stage monitor and run the Matrix through a traditional guitar cab but still run an XLR to FOH.

Obviously I do not want to have to reconfigure anything when I decide to use the Matrix...suggestions?

Use Output 2 L&R to the Matrix. This will also provide a second and separate volume control to the guitar cab in case you want to mix is with your other monitoring solutions.

I run Output 1 to FOH alone so I can control the level feed to the mixer and leave it there for the sound man. I use Output 2 to feed my stage monitoring so I can adjust it independently of the FOH mix. I don't have a setup where I need to feed studio monitors and mains at the same time, so this works great for me. You might consider getting one of the VAFAM patch panels to move your connections to the front of your rack. It makes patching cables a snap, so you can change as often as you want with next-to-zero effort.

I use a matrix. I run mono. If using both outputs of the matrix then just connect output 2 (R) to B.

Output 2 (L) ---> Input A
Output A ----> Guitar Cab

Output 1 L/R (Depends if you're running stereo or Mono) to Front of House/PA/Recording Interface/Mixer etc.

Leave Output 1 L/R to send a direct signal to FOH. Use the FXloop block in your presets BEFORE the cab block. Adjust output Levels 1 & 2 as necessary.

Back
Top Bottom