Output level question

Bert Smeets

A few weeks ago I received my FX8 mk II. I sold my G System to buy the FX8 and I absolutely have no regrets about that.
On stage I would like to use the FX8 with two guitars, a Stratocaster with active Eric Clapton electronics and a standard Telecaster with vintage style single coils. The output level of the Strat is much higher compared to the Tele because of the active electronics. What can/should I do to get the two guitars at the same level when using the FX8. I have the FX8 in front of a Vox AC30 (pre only).

A couple of quick thoughts. You could use a volume block and use a pedal to control the levels. You could use a drive block with a straight boost of 1 or 2 Db (or whatever you need) or you could create duplicate patches for the 2 instruments with a bit more level for the Tele. Just quick thoughts. I am sure others can offer other options.

I would say the only option within the fx8 is to create patches with different inputlevels for your Strat and Tele. Outside the fx8 you could use a boost for the telecaster to level with the strat.

You need to decide where you want to compensate: at the input stage, or at the output.

At the input stage you can use a volume pedal, or a volume block.

At the output stage you can use scenes for example, because you can set each scene's level. That might be easier than using separate presets.

A Filter Block would also work to compensate for different instruments. Leave the Type set to 'Null' and adjust the 'Level' to the needed volume.

Back
Top Bottom