Output Level-Maxed out?

Stratman68

Axe-Master
In the manual it clearly states that to try and run at unity gain the output level should be fully clockwise-maxed? Is this correct? I have trouble getting to 12 o clock.
With my Ultra for 2+ years I normally had the output at 2 to 3pm
Thanks folks

If you're talking about the output volume knob on the front of the Axe, it should be set to the level you need in the room you are listening in.

front output knob has no bearing on sound, unity gain is if connecting front output to back output (or something like that) question been posted many times including by me.

symphx that is not even remotely what "Unity Gain" means, sorry. Please read page 15, the paragraph #4 (from section 3.1) for what my question is about.

The front panel OUTPUT LEVEL1/2 knobs independently control the volumes at these rear panel jacks. Output 1 also adjusts the headphones level. Optimal levels will depend on what the Axe-Fx II is connected to.
To operate with unity gain, simply set the Output Level knobs to maximum. If you then route shunts from the inpto the output you will get out exactly what you put in.
If levels result in clipping of attached equipment, turn down the front panel OUTPUT LEVEL1/2 knobs. A
the minimum setting, volume is reduced but not silent.

Back
Top Bottom