Output 1 headphones, output 2 monitors?

drnat

Inspired
Hi Guys,

just checking this will work. Rather than setting up 2 presets, one for headphones and one for monitors, with the new update, can use output 1 for headphones with the corrective eq built into the preset. If I take output 2 off before the eq, this could feed my monitors. Rather than switching my monitors on & off when using headphones, and turning the eq block on or off too. I could just use the volume knob to turn down the monitors when using the headphones. This will work won’t it?

if I do this, do I need a ts to Xlr or Trs to Xlr cable.

Thanks,

Hi Guys,

just checking this will work. Rather than setting up 2 presets, one for headphones and one for monitors, with the new update, can use output 1 for headphones with the corrective eq built into the preset. If I take output 2 off before the eq, this could feed my monitors. Rather than switching my monitors on & off when using headphones, and turning the eq block on or off too. I could just use the volume knob to turn down the monitors when using the headphones. This will work won’t it?

if I do this, do I need a ts to Xlr or Trs to Xlr cable.

Thanks,
Sounds like your plan will work. A more elegant solution may be to assign a footswitch to bypass output 2 when not needed.

Refer to page 4 of the manual to answer your cable question. You can use either solution depending on your situation.

It works ok, just can’t get audio to both outputs, have to set up a switch to do this…..

You should absolutely get audio from both Outputs. Do you have an Out 1 and an Out 2 block in the preset?
Sorry, need to qualify this statement - I meant the USB audio!
In global settings USB audio seems only to be able to go to output 1 or output 2, not both. I have added a switch to global performance to allow me to change this relatively quickly, but would be good to have the USB audio to both all the time.
Then I’m using the volume control on the FM3 to mute the output that I’m not listening to!

Back
Top Bottom