Output 1 headphones/monitor question

Jacook03194

Hello all, I'm new to FM3 and I'm loving it.
I bought good monitors with XML inputs and I have my headphones. The way I normally work is while recording vocals, I turn down the monitors. I don't want to have to add different outputs to my presets but if I have to, I will. It seems like the easiest solution for my normal workflow is to have a small 2 xlr in/2 xlr out mixer with headphones out jack, but I don't see reasonably-priced mixers with that setup.
I know the output 1 volume will affect both monitors and headphones, so how do you guys deal with this? I want to be able to always hear on headphones but have a volume knob to control my monitors.
I read in some posts that I can just copy output 1 to output 2 and put my monitors on output 2, but do I lose any quality switching to non-xlr cables?
Thanks for the patience and help.

Last edited:
Hi there, cheapest solution is to turn of the active monitors.
otherwise add an interface like a scarlet you can plug in unbalanced or balanced you can control left and right and the headphone out individual. On the back you can connect your monitors but only with 6,3mm jack (This is not a payed advertisement) you can add any interface that has volume controls.
1643657250242.jpeg

Hi there, cheapest solution is to turn of the active monitors.
otherwise add an interface like a scarlet you can plug in unbalanced or balanced you can control left and right and the headphone out individual. On the back you can connect your monitors but only with 6,3mm jack (This is not a payed advertisement) you can add any interface that has volume controls.
View attachment 95234
Thanks for the suggestion.

no.

but the Computer playback is not copied to Out 2.
Thanks.
Oh, ok. I guess I'm thinking of general output from Output 1. Output 2 relates to USB out 3/4 or something like that, right? So I can add a hardware send on my master track for that I think. (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about any of this)

Back
Top Bottom