out clipping when going from clean to dirth using scenes

qjawz

Inspired
Ok....I wanted to create gap less switching! So setting up scenes sounded ideal. I have consolidated my 4 patches into one patch using scenes..I have dirty scene, a lead scene, clean scene, and clean lead scene.
I am using 2 amps both have an X and Y state for different Eq between Rhythm and Lead having copied each amp from its respected patches for some reason the volumes were all out of whack...anyways I attempted it to adjust the volumes...but that's not the problem.

The problem is that I have an issue when I switch from my clean to my dirty..it clips out1 with like a pop then it sounds normal.

**Note that it does not clip if I stop playing and then switch the to the next scene.
**Note I am running 12.04b
**Note this is the first time I've ever used scenes

I have uploaded the patch with scenes to axe-change here for reference: Axe-Change - Download Preset - Nick Main - by qjawz

Also here are the scenes laid out with Axe-Edit so you can see the routing:
Clean Lead Scene Amp Y.jpgClean Rhythm Scene Amp X.jpgLead Scene Amp Y.jpgRhythm Scene Amp X.jpg

Did I find a bug or did I do something wrong?

Finally Thank you in advance!!

Last edited:
There's something wrong with your level settings. One of your Citrus states is at -33dB, the other state at -16dB. Considering the -16dB is your rhythm setting and most other amp settings are untouched, I guess that makes it way too loud. Also, you may want to check the bypass mode settings. The X states are set to 'thru', whereas the Y states are set to 'mute'.
In an 4 amp setting using scenes, you want all of them set to 'mute'.

You also set your dynamic depth and dynamic presence very high, which might cause some "pumping" of the highs and lows.

I copied all those amp states from my previous patches through axe edit...as soon as I brought them into one patch the volume levels were extremely loud on all amps except my rhythm amp. So adjusted them down thus -33dB..Is that normal?

Anyways, Lowered the DD and DP, Set all amps to mute with bypass. All that's happening now is that I'm getting the tail end from the previous patch hitting the delays and such and its coming out loud because the other amp turning on is louder than the previous.

Any suggestions?

So the problem is spillover between scenes? In that case, there is a level setting wrong somewhere. Make sure that you adjust the scene volume only by amp level. Make sure all effects have the same perceived loudness both bypassed and used. Also, make sure that you do not change the input gain of your X and Y delay settings.

If you can't find a wrong level setting in any of your blocks, you should also check out the scene volume slider at the output tab of your preset. Maybe it got moved up/down.

Back
Top Bottom