Out 1 XLR vs headphone output for playing at home

yy46

Hi
I’ve purchased FM3 recently. I used to have AX8.
When I’m playing at home I’ve got connected to hifi amplifier (with option to listen flat, similar to frfr) as I’m not playing loud and I’m getting satisfactory sound by headphone output. AX8 was connected this way as well by out1 (I made special cable to connect to my amp).
When I’m rehearsing with band Im connected straight to mixer by xlr cable and sometimes out2 is connected to power amp (cab block omitted)
Is there any benefit of running xlr (or even 2 xlr cables for stereo sound ) to my amp than using headphone jack output?
Is there any problem with impedance?
I have to admit that I’m happy with sound through headphone jack output at the moment but if I can get better sound than I’m happy to investigate to find special cable or make my own cable using 2 xlrs outputs…

Eh. I'd just use your stereo XLR. Both are probably fine soundwise, but the headphone jack has more juice to drive headphones, so I'd only use that if the XLR doesn't have enough output. In other words, I don't think it matters and you may be overthinking it. Either way, make it stereo if you can :)

I’ve found that when playing at home (I’ve run my FM9 through a Behringer monitor, and computer speakers) that computer speakers sound much better than headphones? As if the headphones lose gain or something compared to other outputs. Is that the headphones or the difference between the 2 outputs?

I’ve found that when playing at home (I’ve run my FM9 through a Behringer monitor, and computer speakers) that computer speakers sound much better than headphones? As if the headphones lose gain or something compared to other outputs. Is that the headphones or the difference between the 2 outputs?
It can be because your output level is setup to +4 but headphones will be like -10. I’ve noticed this recently . I’m using headphones output, changing output 1 from -10 to +4 doesn’t affect the headphones output volume because this is out 1… that’s actually obvious…

Back
Top Bottom