Original Dreampop Song

Listened again ,ya know I could really see this in a Movie or tv show as it has a melancholy vibe.

Not sure if you have but you should submit it for that ,It would fit perfect for certain scenes to complement the vibe
Randall,

thanks a lot! Actually we have just finished signing the contracts for a licensing deal with Lipsync. They are getting ready to send out a press release etc to their music supervisors they work with. So with a little luck some of our catalog will start getting some placements.

Nice to see some dreampop on here, sounds great. I followed the track to your soundcloud page and enjoyed some of the other tracks. I also do dreampop/shoegaze using the axefx. I'll post a link if you are interested (don't want to hijack your post)
Not hijacking at all. would love to hear some tunes. And thank you very much for the kind words.

This is a really beautiful composition and production, as others have stated. For those of us less familiar with this genre and the role of the guitar, it would be nice to know where it is most clearly employed. I don't have the Axe II, so I'm not up to speed on the lastest sound design capabilities.
Thanks,
J

Last edited:
That's gorgeous! It's hard to tell, though, which sounds were coming from the guitar (not that there's anything wrong with that--it's not a product demo; it's a real song).

I use the Axe for a lot of nonstandard sounds, too, and I'm curious: did you print the guitars with the fx, or did you reamp during the mixing stage?

That's gorgeous! It's hard to tell, though, which sounds were coming from the guitar (not that there's anything wrong with that--it's not a product demo; it's a real song).

I use the Axe for a lot of nonstandard sounds, too, and I'm curious: did you print the guitars with the fx, or did you reamp during the mixing stage?
Really dig the questions guys! Love to talk gear. The 'scratching' type noise in the beginning of the song is a guitar, the crystals sound on the choruses and the delayed guitar sound with a filter is on the bridge.

If I remember correctly the guitar with the crystals sound on the chorus is a pitch block into a delay block, with the pitch modified by an expression pedal. Think the mix is almost all the way up or is at 100%. There is some variance in the passes and you can hear the notching in the sweep but it sounded cool so we went with it. The scratching sound is the same sound as the chorus just doing pick slides. The bridge guitar is pretty standard delay verb guitar with a filter block in parallel with the arpeggio (think that's what it is called) modifier attached to it. The filter is light but it added a little movement to the sound which added something cool.

Also, we never reamp anything we just print all the as we track
This is a really beautiful composition and production, as others have stated. For those of us less familiar with this genre and the role of the guitar, it would be nice to know where it is most clearly employed. I don't have the Axe II, so I'm not up to speed on the lastest sound design capabilities.
Thanks,
J

Hopefully my post above helped out. We look at the axe as really a sound design tool. It's capabilities are really endless as far as if you can think it, it's likely capable of making that sound. We rarely have straight forward sounds, it's almost like a guitar synth to us.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom