Original + Detuned tone with Virtual Capo?

bigkid

Hi all. I am trying set up some patches that are detuned by a semitone and 2 semitones. I have followed the process outlined here:

...but not getting the same result. I seem to be outputting both the unaffected and the detuned tone, simultaneously - which is a truly abominable sound! :) As far as I know this shouldn't be possible for the Virtual Capo mode. I am listening to output one via optical to my soundcard. Attached is a capture of the Pitch Block settings. Appreciate some advice on what I may be doing wrong here.

Cheers,

Allan

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 23
Remove some blocks that you are not using and check it out again if there are any improvements. The preset shown (video) has around 45% CPU usage.

I had the same problem with FX III. I plugged in headphones directly at the hardware unit and eyerything was fine.
I think you are listening to your sound at low volume. And now you get a mix of your downtuned fractal sound AND the sound of your unplugged guitar (I mean the sound of your guitar when the volume knob is down). Hope this helps.

Thanks for the responses. I'll try and remove some of the blocks, but it looks like it is the bug referred to by Hail Halford and bradlake, and will be resolved. Cheers and thanks again.

Hi all. So, I have updated to firmware 1.06Beta which is supposed to fix the pitch block glitch where mix is set to 50%. I still seem to be getting some sort of dual tone effect when using the Virtual Capo, the original and the pitch-shifted. I have attached the preset. I'd appreciate it if someone could have a look at it and see whether I have made some error in the preset setup that could be causing this now that the firmware has been fixed.

Cheers.

Allan

Attachments

• Detune3Stp.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 5
Yeah, trying to figure it out. Have dry signal: In 1 > Virtual Capo -1> Out 1.

Hearing two notes throughout. The original plus the -1.

Not sure what to look for or adjust.

Hi all. So, I have updated to firmware 1.06Beta which is supposed to fix the pitch block glitch where mix is set to 50%. I still seem to be getting some sort of dual tone effect when using the Virtual Capo, the original and the pitch-shifted. I have attached the preset. I'd appreciate it if someone could have a look at it and see whether I have made some error in the preset setup that could be causing this now that the firmware has been fixed.

Cheers.

Allan

Preset sounds fine here. Mix is at 100% as it should be. Make sure that the level is turned up, to avoid hearing the acoustic sound your guitar.

You did update to Beta 3?

Thanks guys. Yes, looks like I had the volume too low. When I tried headphones this time it worked, when it hadn't for the previous firmware - so the firmware seems to have sorted it. That said, I'm not a fan. May be the way I play, pick attack or something, I can't pull a decent tone out of it when detuning with the virtual capo. Back to downtuning a guitar.

Thanks for all the help.

Back
Top Bottom