Ordered an Axe Fx 3 last night. This morning I destroyed a Adam A7x Monitor! Dang!

New fuse did not fix the A7x, took woofer out and had a look inside, nothing looked out of place.

So I'll put the remaining A7x on Ebay and put the money I get towards a FC-6.

Problem solved, life is good.
You might as well at least talk to their support, why not? Maybe they have local service near you, or some other stuff to check, or an amazing deal on a replacement. Maybe not, but why not ask?

If it was a mechanical bump, and you saw sparks fly, chances are it’s easy for a qualified person to fix. It’s the small stuff that takes more time to find.

By the way, it was just a girlfriend, right? A different problem* but also easy to fix.

*In this case, bumps and sparks are good.

I had a few years old set of Adam A7x monitors which I planned to use with the Axe FX 3 I just ordered. I was rearranging some things in my bedroom slash jam room and one of the Adam monitors hit the floor hard, took a big chunk out of the wall on its way down, and made a loud Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzrp pop sound when it hit the floor. I think I saw a spark too. It no longer powers up and it is dead to the world.

Long story short, I just ordered/financed through Sweetwater a pair of Adam A8x monitors. Hope they sound good with the Axe Fx 3. I don't have a treated room, or plan to make super accurate recordings. I just want things to sound good for 80's metal in my bedroom.

Oh yeah my girlfriend also broke up with me this morning. Not a good day so far for JC - LoL!
It’s going to be hard to make this thing sound bad.

Back
Top Bottom