Orange Squeeze compressor

The original version definitely had some unique behavior compared to other compressors. I had the opportunity to play through one about 7 years ago and I was very impressed. It colored the tone quite badly when not in use though a la DOD OD 250.

The original version definitely had some unique behavior compared to other compressors. I had the opportunity to play through one about 7 years ago and I was very impressed. It colored the tone quite badly when not in use though a la DOD OD 250.
No tech insight, but the other guitarist in a band I was in way back when had one, and my clear impression was that it was seriously squashed and pretty dirty. And that's in the context of the "better" compressor we were familiar with being the MXR DynaComp, not exactly the most subtle and pristine example of the art.

I think JHS has a few versions of a modified Orange Squeezer that is an improved take on it. I should probably look up the circuit and see if it can be emulated with what's already inside the Axe.

Back
Top Bottom