option to switch places instead of overwriting patches.

want this?

• Total voters

pauliusmm

Fractal Fanatic
I wish there was an option to switch places instead of overwriting patches.

Lets say you want to move patch 15 to location 10, but you don't want to lose the preset that is already there. Would be great if you could switch places of these presets: preset 15 goes to 10 and preset 10 goes to 15.

I have missed this feature since i used the editor for my old Line6 Vetta (years ago now).
It was invaluable and much easier than the Fractal Preset Manager IMO.
I've made a couple of BIG mistakes using the Preset Manager that scared me away.
Maybe i should have persevered.
I'd definitely give it another go if the SWAP feature was available.

If, aside from a dump, a preset can only be written to memory from the edit buffer, then my guess is that this cannot be implemented for the same reason that Compare cannot. If an Exchange can be achieved, I'm all for it.

Bringing this one back to life. My Boss ME-33 could do this years ago and that thing sucks. Sure wish my Ultra could switch preset patch assignment without overriding.

Pretty sure that you can do this within AxeEdit. Perhaps not specific solution, but it is one means of getting there.

I wish there was an option to switch places instead of overwriting patches.

Lets say you want to move patch 15 to location 10, but you don't want to lose the preset that is already there. Would be great if you could switch places of these presets: preset 15 goes to 10 and preset 10 goes to 15.

Doesn't help you much, but Swap is a feature in the Axe-Fx II.

You can also use Axe-Manage:
Axe-Edit: managing presets with Axe-Manage - Axe-Fx II Wiki

Back
Top Bottom