Optimizing memory when making patches

BigRalphN

Inspired
I am getting a little confused on optimizing memory when making patches. I have been looking at others ( like Fremen) and trying to read the manual. I guess that need to do more. I ca not seem to make complex patches like I can on other platforms. I am sure some of it is a learning curve. I am also wondering if maybe I should have saved the extra cash and gotten the rack unit for the added memory. I realize I can't do two Amps (no big deal). Some things I would like to do is have X/Y reverbs buy every time I try this I get the dreaded red apostrophe on the Y reverb. I know that reverbs take lots of memory (just look at the size of reverb IRS) so maybe this is just a limitation with the device. It is not a killer for me, but on the Helix (p,Rae no slams, I love the AX8 so this is not a slam against anything) I set up a room or spring reverb then also setup an ambient reverb (similar to sparkle on a Timeline) for certain songs. I will actually run both with delay , a bit of dirt, and sometimes chorus for swells. Then switch back to a basic setup sometimes in the same song. Maybe I just need a different work around, Can I just copy my preset to another location and set it up the way I want, then set one of the x/y buttons to switch to that patch and back?

You can reduce CPU usage by lowering the Quality setting in the Reverb block to Normal. Sounds like maybe your Y setting is using High?

Also, there is another setting you can reduce. I believe it's called Voices.

Additionally, what type of Cab are you using? Using Normal res instead of Ultra or High can reduce CPU use.

You can reduce CPU usage by lowering the Quality setting in the Reverb block to Normal. Sounds like maybe your Y setting is using High?

Also, there is another setting you can reduce. I believe it's called Voices.

Additionally, what type of Cab are you using? Using Normal res instead of Ultra or High can reduce CPU use.

Good point. I hadn't thought about that. I am using an IR. If I can get a normal cab I line instead of the IR or possibly another IR I can lower usage. Thanks. That totally slipped my mind.

I ended up setting the IR to normal Res. Nothing else helped. I really do not notice much if any difference in tone do all is good. I still can't use one or two reverbs as Ythough but I am good.

Back
Top Bottom