Optima gold plated strings

rsf1977_again

Power User
I don't think I'd ever spend $30 on a set of strings, but has anyone tried these

GOLD STRINGS ELECTRIC GUITAR

gw_05_91_maxima_may.jpg

As a bass player... I long for the days when strings would *only* cost $30 a set. :p

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't waste money on gold plated strings.

I remember seeing their ads in Guitar For The Practicing Musician back in the day. I didn't realize they were still around.

I used to use them quite a bit 15 years ago when they were Maxima. My hands used to sweat profusely and it wasn't uncommon for me to have to change regular strings once a week. Maxima's lasted considerably longer and had a nice tone and feel. Since becoming a bedroom/studio player, my hands don't sweat like they used to and I've gone back to standard strings.

I used them for quite a while and I really liked the tone. They had that played in feel after a week that just lasted for a month (as opposed to feeling flat after an other week). I prefer the D'addario EXP or NYXL strings now as they last even longer and really seem to suit any guitar I put them on.

PS: They do look pretty nice on a guitar with gold hardware!

I gave a set to a friend who has horrible acid hands. I don't let him play my guitars unless I'm just about to change strings - 15 minutes and the strings are all black and dead in his use. He just texted me after a gig, the strings are still like new. I'm almost the opposite, normal strings are almost usable until they snap. So, they might be the best option for all the acidic X-men out there.

Back
Top Bottom