Opeth Working On A New Album.

Sweet. I saw them on the Opeth/Mastodon tour last year and they were awesome. I liked Heritage and I don't mind that Mikael is moving away from the growl vocals. I think he's got a great regular singing voice and it suits that band perfectly.

I don't mind the lack of growls either. I always thought they were silly. But I hope they have more of their traditional heavy vs mellow contrast on the next album.

I enjoyed the Heritage album, but that material REALLY came across well in the live setting. I am very much hoping they have a DVD in the works from this last tour (they have for the last couple).

Nice! I have to say I really didn't like Heritage, so I hope this new album is something I'm gonna like. Either way, still an awesome band :)
Personally I loved Heritage,it was a full classic Progressive album. It does take time to digest it but when you give it like a second or third spin you start loving it. :D

Sweet. I saw them on the Opeth/Mastodon tour last year and they were awesome. I liked Heritage and I don't mind that Mikael is moving away from the growl vocals. I think he's got a great regular singing voice and it suits that band perfectly.

Absolutely! I don't mind the no growls either,personally they have always had a lot more to offer lyrically and musically that the entire
death metal side just took away from. The new album should be epic!

Heritage was garbage. Damnation and any other album track with clean vocals from the last 15 years destroys it. I love both sides of Opeth, but Heritage was some kind of self-indulgent bender.

I would agree Heritage didn't reach the same heights as Watershed or Ghost reveries, but I still think it's a solid album. I think both MA and Steven Wilson have just run out of inspiration playing the same kind of music year after year and have to experiment with other genres. If you're a die hard Opeth fan from the early days, I have a feeling you will continue to be disappointed in the future. Old Rush fans know exactly how this goes...

I would agree Heritage didn't reach the same heights as Watershed or Ghost reveries, but I still think it's a solid album. I think both MA and Steven Wilson have just run out of inspiration playing the same kind of music year after year and have to experiment with other genres. If you're a die hard Opeth fan from the early days, I have a feeling you will continue to be disappointed in the future. Old Rush fans know exactly how this goes...[/]

Good points!

Heritage had some great parts to it, but as whole it seemed all over the map didn't hang together all that well. Maybe it's Opeth's "Caress of Steel." The album that came right after that was 2112! :D I sure hope they haven't record a "Hold Your Fire" forget for 10 years what they're great at...

Mikael's got a great voice and I don't miss the growling one bit. I saw them perform at the PRS factory a couple of years ago, and it was absolutely one of the best performances I've ever seen! :twisted

Count me as optimistic!

I hope this next album is in the same vain as Heritage. I love mid era Opeth (Still Life, Blackwater, Damnation) and i felt Watershed and Ghost just didn't have that same magic. Heritage was a breath of fresh air for me as an Opeth fan. So i really hope they keep on just doing what they like, not what the "fans" want.

Back
Top Bottom