Opeth live gear

Hansen

Experienced
Watched Opeth recently. I could not see any Axe FX on stage.. Perhaps they were hidden? Anyway, their sound was great as always. I could see mission pedals and Vodoo labs pedal boards. It also seems to me that they are using piezo pickups on their acoustic parts?

Anybody who knows if they are still using Axe?

Saw them a few weeks ago too. Yeah - not clear what they are using - they each a full Marshall stack on stage however none of the cabinets were miked. Maybe since they are endorsed by Marshall that's part of their deal is to have them on stage. There is a small article in a recent guitar magazine about them, I can't remember if its Guitar World or Player - theres a few pics of them with all their guitars and racks - both racks have an axe fx in them. I believe they are still using them at the very minimum for effects.

They've pretty much used modelers live for a long time. I remember like ten years ago when I was using a Boss GT-8, I read that Akerfeldt was using one, too, and was super pumped that we had something in common. :tearsofjoy:

I saw Opeth in London on Saturday night (19th Novmber) at Wembley Arena and noticed a few things above previously mentioned:

-Marshall full stack (no head) on stage and not mic'd up

-No visible rigs - couldn't see heads being used or Axe FX in a rack anywhere

-Amazing acoustic sound when playing the clean/acoustic parts.

I would conclude that they had used a tone match on their Axe FX of an acoustic as it sounded very convincing. Blindfolded, I would have guessed that they switched to a real acoustic for those parts. Not sure if they are using Piezo pickups in their electrics in addition (or in lieu of) tonematch but they both have PRS customs and didn't seem to be using their SE signature models.

As always, a great show and fabulous tone from Opeth :)

I saw Opeth in London on Saturday night (19th Novmber) at Wembley Arena and noticed a few things above previously mentioned:

-Marshall full stack (no head) on stage and not mic'd up

-No visible rigs - couldn't see heads being used or Axe FX in a rack anywhere

-Amazing acoustic sound when playing the clean/acoustic parts.

I would conclude that they had used a tone match on their Axe FX of an acoustic as it sounded very convincing. Blindfolded, I would have guessed that they switched to a real acoustic for those parts. Not sure if they are using Piezo pickups in their electrics in addition (or in lieu of) tonematch but they both have PRS customs and didn't seem to be using their SE signature models.

As always, a great show and fabulous tone from Opeth :)

I saw this too. He uses the same guitar but I didin't see a piezo switch on the guitar. I think he uses some acoustic simulator pedal and equalizes with his AXE. Some years ago I did it and the sound was pretty good.
When we do rehearsals and I don't bring a piezo equipped guitar I use an acoustic simulator pedal with a single coil pickup. The results are awesome

Saw them a few weeks ago too. Yeah - not clear what they are using - they each a full Marshall stack on stage however none of the cabinets were miked. Maybe since they are endorsed by Marshall that's part of their deal is to have them on stage. There is a small article in a recent guitar magazine about them, I can't remember if its Guitar World or Player - theres a few pics of them with all their guitars and racks - both racks have an axe fx in them. I believe they are still using them at the very minimum for effects.
It was in the last Guitar World with Metallica on the cover. they had a bunch of gear and you can see an AxeFx in the rack behind them.

Back
Top Bottom