Beta Tester Positions NOW FILLED

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
We have some possible openings on our beta team. Beta tester feedback is essential for identifying bugs, user interface issues, and areas for improvement before a new firmware is released. A great beta tester often tries to use the product in ways that others might not have anticipated. This could involve testing limits, experimenting with new settings, or using features in combination.

Here's a list of points.
1. High energy, good availability. Don't volunteer and then disappear.
2. Attention to Detail. Good communicator.
3. Fractal Audio "Expertise" is much less important. Good beta testers are willing to learn as they go, and not being an expert can mean good objectivity and creativity.
4. We could stand to have more people who are able to test our products alongside a tube amps. Ex: FX only or 4CM, LB-2 load box, etc.
5. USA and Canada only, please.

Send me a PM to apply. Don't "apply" below, but it's ok to have a relevant discussion. Let me know about yourself, your Fractal Audio products if any, and your other gear including not just guitars/amps/fx but computer, studio, etc.

Last edited:
I’m not qualified. Low energy ghost, etc.

But can I nominate someone else?

It seems like Austin Buddy learns about new firmware when I do and I’d like him to have a bigger head’s up!

Is there a vendor/developer program that can keep them in the loop?

Is this a paid position?
I doubt it. This is what they posted for beta testers late last year. Unless something has changed since then of course:

What's in it for You?
  • Early access to cool new stuff.
  • Contribute to shaping the future of Fractal Audio
  • Prestige, Power, and Popularity ;-) Well, you get a new "Fractal Audio Beta Tester" tag on your forum signature anyway

What's in it for You?
I suspect there may be more benefits, but if they tell you that in advance it can attract a wrong crowd...

If I could afford it as a CEO, I would like to award monetary credits to anyone who finds a bug first, usable on your next purchase. But it would result in countless "Not a Bug" threads... :D

The only benefit I sometimes wonder about are extra interesting discussions going on in a secret forum? :) (which you can then contractually never share)

Beta testing is fun, rewarding, challenging, and occasionally frustrating. If you're into really exploring a product and it's potential and want to help it succeed, beta testing is pretty cool. It's also a way to get early feedback to the product team whether it's a feature idea or some sort of usability concern. It can be time consuming and certain things must be done repetitively depending on the manner of the beta update.

I doubt it. This is what they posted for beta testers late last year. Unless something has changed since then of course:

What's in it for You?
  • Early access to cool new stuff.
  • Contribute to shaping the future of Fractal Audio
  • Prestige, Power, and Popularity ;-) Well, you get a new "Fractal Audio Beta Tester" tag on your forum signature anyway
Skip the waitlist when new products are released too.

Beta testing for Fractal products is extremely rewarding. It can also be fun, exciting, boring and tedious. It can also be very busy at times, particularly when there are multiple updates under development on multiple products. At other times, you get to take a breather. It’s particularly rewarding if you like digging into things or exploring new gear that doesn’t have an editor, a manual or a wiki entry.

I like it much.

Last edited:
Beta testing for Fractal products is extremely rewarding. It can also be fun, exciting, boring and tedious. It can also be very busy at times, particularly when there are multiple updates under development on multiple products. At other times, you get to take a breather. It’s particularly rewarding if you like digging into things or exploring new gear that doesn’t have an editor, a manual or a wiki entry.

I like it.much.

That's what I meant to say :)

Reactions: Rex
Beta testing is fun, rewarding, challenging, and occasionally frustrating. If you're into really exploring a product and it's potential and want to help it succeed, beta testing is pretty cool. It's also a way to get early feedback to the product team whether it's a feature idea or some sort of usability concern. It can be time consuming and certain things must be done repetitively depending on the manner of the beta update.
^THIS^

But you forgot it makes us more attractive. :)

I've done alpha and beta testing for a bunch of companies over the years, in hardware and software, and, maybe I'm masochistic, but I enjoy it. Like Tim says, it can be time consuming and frustrating, and we have to be inventive finding ways to reproduce a problem and then clearly relay the steps back to the team. There have been times I'd reset the hardware, wipe and reload everything, test for a specific problem, then do it again with a different firmware, which takes hours. It's a good feeling knowing that we're helping improve the product though, and that others will enjoy it and benefit from it.

Oh, and we get free passes to the company swimming pool.

I say the fun factor is way overblown :p and likely very "underpayed."

If it makes you feel you are now "part of (Fractal) history"... good for you. Undoubtedly, it's also great to give back for all Cliff is doing, even freely.

OTOH, I know the hell that can be caused by adding even one checkbox in a software that has some interaction with another checkbox. I don't know how the Axe is ever able to start up!! :)

I've only once felt appreciated by a company when giving lots of voluntary feedback about bugs in a Photoshop plugin. The CEO eventually gave me a code to get everything for free from their site. Sadly, I had already purchased most of them and my time lost with these bugs and reports was more valuable than the total price of all plugins, but at least they did the minimum they should do, IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom