Open back headphones recommendations?

mi$ho

Just looking for quick recommendations for open back headphones under/around $300 US. Currently, I am using closed back Blue Mo-Fi with the AutoEQ https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq. The AutoEQ makes a big difference and turns the mo-fi to a flatter response curve but still getting heavy after 30 min of playing.

p.s. FW16 Beta 5 #2 is amazing!!! Can't stop playing...

Grado sr325e are $295 so would also be worth looking into. I find the mid range detail, instrument separation and instrument balance sound good to my ears. Great headphone for transcribing. Also they travel pretty well since the ear pieces swivel to lay flat. Great looking too if u like a retroish vibe.

I’ve got a pair of Sen HD600s and am very happy with them. I don’t have the world’s best ear or anything but I feel like they’re giving me an acceptably accurate representation of what I am listening to.

I received a pair of Beyer DT880s for Christmas. I know people speak of them as having an accentuated top end, but they actually seem mellow to me compared to my Blue Lolas and Shure 425s (though I think both of these also have a high-mids boost, and of course aren't open backed). Still, very comfy and enjoyable overall.

I don’t know how you can play with headphones .The clean and crunchy tones are ok,but the high gain amps sound horrible with headphone, very synthetic . I use a Shure srh840 that works very well when I listen to music . I never like playing with headphone but wow... is it better to do presets with headphones ? I don’t think so because in monitor it don’t sound the same, like for mixing

I don’t know how you can play with headphones .The clean and crunchy tones are ok,but the high gain amps sound horrible with headphone, very synthetic . I use a Shure srh840 that works very well when I listen to music . I never like playing with headphone but wow... is it better to do presets with headphones ? I don’t think so because in monitor it don’t sound the same, like for mixing
After everyone is asleep @home + @theNeighbourhood there are not too many options left but to use headphones. I gifted my $149 usd headphones after I heard the difference between them and the Blue Mo-Fi. I am sure that if you get even better headphones than the Blue it will sound great, especially after the latest FW updates (15.1, 16.0 Beta 8)

I've owned much more expensive headphones and I always come back to these: https://gradolabs.com/headphones/prestige-series/item/2-sr60e

And the price is right at $79. Try 'em.

Grado sr325e are $295 so would also be worth looking into. I find the mid range detail, instrument separation and instrument balance sound good to my ears. Great headphone for transcribing. Also they travel pretty well since the ear pieces swivel to lay flat. Great looking too if u like a retroish vibe.

yeah, I have the SR80e at $99 and like them a lot, though I don't have a ton of experience with high quality headphones TBH. Agree totally on midrange detail, even on the lower models, so they sound great for guitar driven music to me (but they'll also really show you all your mistakes :))

Back
Top Bottom