Oops I modified a factory pre-set, how do I revert?

Letting others help to guide you will almost always shorten the learning curve.
This. Absolutely. I like to read manuals and figure things out for myself. But even updating my FW yesterday for the first time would've taken me one-fouth as long, if someone simply showed me.

I always use the 'Ikea-type furniture' analogy: You know, the stuff that has all the pictures of "Insert Tab A into Slot B", with arrows showing the direction, and lots of plastic baggies with all the hardware, and instructions that were obviously translated from another language...? After you finally get it put together, if you had a 2nd one to build, it'd take you half (or better) as long. haha

I'll second the YouTube videos; one can learn a lot from different approaches by different users.

Also, take a look at other's presets, and see what they've done. Look over the Factory presets, too. Look at the various settings, basic and advanced, to take a look at what others are doing to "get there".

Going back and forth between manuals, other's presets and videos helped me learn the quickest.

It's a lot to absorb, and you won't get it in a day, believe me.... I've been a user since the first units hit the streets, and I learn something every time I come here - much of it things that I can't believe I didn't already know, after all this time.

It's not hard to quickly get great sounding presets; it can be hard to completely understand how the AxeFx works in depth.

Enjoy!

Thankfully now you don't NEED to understand it in depth to get a good sound. Add an amp block, a cab block, turn some bass middle treble and play. Very simple to get going with this box.

If not, just watch a YouTube video, there are tons of great short videos showing exactly what to do and how to do it, walking you through each step of the process.

It doesn't get much simpler than this these days.

I remember when I got my ultra 10 years ago and it was much harder to program and understand and it still took 5 minutes to figure it out. Now it's SOOOOOOO easy, and with so much resources out there you really have no reason to not get up and running extremely quickly

Back
Top Bottom