Only thing Kemper got right over Axe (minor)

RONJONES2020

Inspired
Kemper finally got its very basic editor to work for the mac and though it cant remotely compare to Axe Edit I must say I love the fact that its hooked into its own "axechange" site so loading other user patches is instant.

Yes it is very easy to get custom user patches into an Axe fx 2 but please add this feature to AXE EDIT because its very convenient and cool.

Thanks

I might have read here that it's a part of the overall plan for FAS to integrate Axe Edit and Axechange. I could be wrong.... hallucinating.... mistaken...... :)

So far the integration doesn't look that mature.
Kemper RigManager

Hmm.. A little more research shows it loads in premade "patches". You don't/can't actually do any configuration editing from the application.
Seems like it is much closer to AxeFXSend than AxeEdit.
I would agree you can't compare the Kemper RigManager to FAS AxeEdit. They do two completely separate things.
That being the case, how can one be better than the other?

Last edited:
Kemper finally got its very basic editor to work for the mac and though it cant remotely compare to Axe Edit I must say I love the fact that its hooked into its own "axechange" site so loading other user patches is instant.

Yes it is very easy to get custom user patches into an Axe fx 2 but please add this feature to AXE EDIT because its very convenient and cool.

Thanks

Its not an editor and doesnt have the editing capabilities that Axe Edit has. Its merely a database manipulator thats stores all the rigs on a computer then sends them over to the Kemper to audition / use. Since rigs are stored in flash memory on the Kemper its prohibitive to store 2000 rigs on the actual system. It also links up users to the online users database where Kemper owners can share their rigs with others.

I wish it was an editor like Axe Edit which is great.

I did title the thread "only thing" and clearly said the two could not be compared because Axe edit is vastly superior.

That said I do not see why Axe edit could not directly access user patches that are on the Axe change and avoid the current process which is easy yet not as convenient.

In the kemper rig manager you easily can surf user patches and try them immediately.

I understand its two completely different systems and softwares but this is an Axe edit wish list thread.

Also if I was posting in a kemper forum my post would be dozens of pages asking for additions that would be similar to axe edit.

Last edited:
LOL you read my mind and fractal continues to be best of the best!!

You guys are awesome! That addition will be great.

Thanks all

Oh man I didnt want the thread to turn into this. I was impressed with one little thing rig manager did so I used it as an example for axe edit.

But cmon if you want the floodgates opened there is nobody who would choose a kemper over an axe if they played around with both. I know because I own both and the axe gets 98% of my time. I only turned on my
Kemper to play around with the new rig manager for mac (which is only a beta btw).

The fact kemper is still in business is irrelevant to that debate though competition is always a good thing so I hope they stick around indeed. The Kemper sounds great but the Axe Fx 2 defeats it in all areas except the one minor thing I mentioned and that will be changed shortly.

Last edited:
Oh man I didnt want the thread to turn into this. I was impressed with one little thing rig manager did so I used it as an example for axe edit.

But cmon if you want the floodgates opened there is nobody who would choose a kemper over an axe if they played around with both. I know because I own both and the axe gets 98% of my time. I only turned on my
Kemper to play around with the new rig manager for mac (which is only a beta btw).

The fact kemper is still in business is irrelevant to that debate though competition is always a good thing so I hope they stick around indeed. The Kemper sounds great but the Axe Fx 2 defeats it in all areas except the one minor thing I mentioned and that will be changed shortly.

I enjoy using them both. Each has abilities that add to my music. I honestly dont find one better then the other. They both have their strengths and weaknesses. But then again so do most of the guitars I own. But each brings something different and special to my rocking. :)

Well this is In your opinion? but I don't agree with this at all. - The Kemper I use, the AxeFX I use, they are both amazing products. - Kemper is better in lots of ways, you just need to know how to use it first. (and for the right job) - then in turn the axe is better in other set of ways. but they also both share one major thing.. "Great tone" albeit you get there a different way, but its always the outcome that is most important, not the journey..

Given my personal needs and with tone being equal the difference is Axe Edit. Its a game changer.

Hundreds of tweaking hours have been saved as well as my back thanks to that incredible software.

However I hear you there Andy my man. There are some special patches mostly made by you that blow my mind every time I do use my Kemper. With Rig manager that likely will be more and more if you keep releasing kick ass packs! Great work sir!

Well axe-edit is pretty special, I agree to that, for me I have my axes in a rack that's not so close... so without it, well I'd be a bit lost (and have a back ache) the work that has gone into the implementation is a result of a very professional software product, one to this day is unrivaled. and to be honest I cant see anyone in the future beating it either.

Kemper will someday perhaps do something similar, but it does not have the complexity of the axe in terms of routing nor the amount of effects it carrys..so that will be simplistic by design I'd imagine..

And thanks for the compliments :)

Back
Top Bottom