Online lessons- Jamplay v. TrueFire

Chewie5150

Fractal Fanatic
I've been throwing the idea around awhile to get on a platform to get me practicing more in a structured way. I'm not looking for 'one on one' lessons at this point but perhaps later on. Just need a good platform , at my own pace , geared for more advanced players. Looking at TrueFire and Jamplay and I know I can demo each but

has anyone who has used both programs have any comments comparing the two? You like one better for any reason?

They are both very similar but I prefer Truefire only because it's first one I used. I also like the Supplemental Courses in their Learning Paths that are optional but allow you to further explore or focus a particular subject or technique. Jamplay looks slicker and the videos seem to be more polished from a production standpoint.

I had tried Truefire while they had a free trial going. It was high-quality material there. I checked out Jeff McErlain, Andy Wood and Andy Timmons there.

I'm currently working through the Hexatonic courses of Roy Ziv. It's just that one topic but it's pretty deep and demanding. If you are not familiar with the hexatonic scale it would be worth checking out. (It's "just" a minor pentatonic scale with the major 2nd added). Roy is a killer player, seems to fly under the radar though.

Own a bunch of TrueFire videos. LC, RF, Jeff McErlaine, Josh Smith, Tim Pierce, Robbie Calvo, among others...full length videos (3 to 3-½ hours + each) broken down into segments that key in on important points you should know and practice. Josh Smith & Robbie Calvo cover a lot of ground in their videos, and unless you can't read tab, the instruction itself is valuable even without tab.

Back
Top Bottom