Ongoing internal dialog

rog

Inspired
Going on in my head right now:

I could really use a third delay slot.

No, I can absolutely achieve what I want with a dual delay and a reverse delay, no problem!

This is bullshit. I don't need more than one delay (oh yes I do!!!).

I could really use a third delay slot.

There are some really cool 'Delay' algorithms in the Reverb block on new (beta) Axe-Fx III firmware. If/when those make it to the FM9, they might be really useful. And the fact that the FM9 can run a second Reverb without any real CPU% cost makes that even more useful.

And don't forget about the other Delay blocks that are currently available. Plex Delay, Multitap Delay, Megatap Delay, Ten-Tap Delay, etc...

There are some really cool 'Delay' algorithms in the Reverb block on new (beta) Axe-Fx III firmware. If/when those make it to the FM9, they might be really useful. And the fact that the FM9 can run a second Reverb without any real CPU% cost makes that even more useful.

And don't forget about the other Delay blocks that are currently available. Plex Delay, Multitap Delay, Megatap Delay, Ten-Tap Delay, etc...
All those taps will add to the dialog, for sure.

Can't imagine ever needing more than 2. When recording it is usually considered best practice to add delays to dry recorded tracks in post to avoid issues.

On stage too much delay (or too many) will quickly become a problem too. Even delay heavy players like EJ never have more than 2 delays on at a time.

Maybe if you are playing something like dreampop?

When recording it is usually considered best practice to add delays to dry recorded tracks in post to avoid issues.

Yeah normally printing with effects can sometimes paint you into a corner. However, as long as you always capture a DI of your performance, you can always reamp the track later with different effects settings. It's a little more work than adding post effects in the DAW, but at least you're not stuck with one recording.

Yeah normally printing with effects can sometimes paint you into a corner. However, as long as you always capture a DI of your performance, you can always reamp the track later with different effects settings. It's a little more work than adding post effects in the DAW, but at least you're not stuck with one recording.

Definitely! When recording I always grab a DI at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom