one week tomorrow

IIRC - someone posted here that someone in a German forum posted that they had been told that a new AxeFx was coming soon... IOW - someone leaked info on the new AxeFx II!
Even if that's true, and word got out that an Ultra-killer was coming, wasn't Fractal out of Ultras anyway? A-stock was gone, and B-stock had just been exhausted.

If stock had already been run down, leaking wouldn't impact anything. So why start a countdown if you don't need to?

But maybe Fractal started a countdown because G66 started doing a countdown first. Hell I don't know. Even if that happened, Fractal still had nothing to lose -- leakers could whip the Fractoids into a frenzy until Fractal calculated real assembly data and only then create a countdown, thus preventing Fractoids from turning into hemorrhoids.

They started countdown too early. Either that or someone didn't do the math on production which, for company that does math so well, I find very hard to believe.

Last edited:
Even if that's true, and word got out that an Ultra-killer was coming, wasn't Fractal out of Ultras anyway? A-stock was gone, and B-stock had just been exhausted.

You answered your own question. Exhausting stock of current units most likely triggered the countdown/announcement. From fractal's POV, once stock is gone and the new models are in the manufacturing pipeline there's no point in waiting. Would they have loved for stock depletion of Axe I's to have exactly coincided with the day they received their shipment of Axe II's? I'm sure they would have. But even for a company that's "good with math", no one can predict things that perfectly.

Can we stop with the back-biting and second guessing? Outsiders can never know the realities of their business and what drives the logic behind certain decisions. Your needs, I.e. Instant gratification, are not Fractal's needs. Try to remember there's a difference between the two.

there may have been better ways to announce and have ready for shipment once announced, just sayin. we are the customers the goal should be to not piss too many off, maybe even some explanation of how the announcement and countdown began.

Nobody cares.

This isn't the place to vent frustration over personal gear decisions (this kind of commentary belongs in an off-topic area), and Fractal Audio's internal business decisions aren't available for public scrutiny (and for good reason).

I'm not trying to jump down your throat specifically, but your post is another in an unreasonably long line of other "Cliff shoulda done this" posts. Please consider the bigger picture, including the specific location of your commentary. Do the moderators of other gear manufacturers' forums (Line6, Peavey, Seymour Duncan come to mind) allow open and continued criticism of their business practices and even their products? No.

Honestly I think the fact that they've announced a product and are intending to start shipping within 30 days of the products announcement is incredibly commendable, can you think of Any other company that has done that? I can't. Fractal does so much for it's customers that they don't have to. I'm anxious too but one thing that can be guaranteed is that griping and complaining won't cause units to be shipped faster. it's time to appreciate how good all the owners of fractal products really have it in the area of customer service.

Honestly I think the fact that they've announced a product and are intending to start shipping within 30 days of the products announcement is incredibly commendable, can you think of Any other company that has done that? I can't. Fractal does so much for it's customers that they don't have to. I'm anxious too but one thing that can be guaranteed is that griping and complaining won't cause units to be shipped faster. it's time to appreciate how good all the owners of fractal products really have it in the area of customer service.

+1

Seems to me the countdown should have been done as they were putting the finishing touches on the first run. Now, in the 2-3 weeks interim between announcement and availability, there could easily be a backlog of 1,000-1,500 people aware of the first run all crowding in to order at once. If announcement had quickly been followed by order availability things would have been a little more gradual.

c4f759bb-e65f-4370-90f7-006e29ecae6e.jpg

Back
Top Bottom