One switch, many subtle changes

xX144Xx

Hello,

I need a preset where I can go from:
Softer volume, not as much gain, light compression, some reverb and delay

To:
Louder volume, more gain, no compression, less (or no) reverb, no delay.

Is it possible to do all this with one press of a footswitch?

Scenes are good but I've discovered another friend with Control Switches. They're instantaneous and can control a lot of different parameters at once. I have a preset where CS1 controls the Amp block's 'Boost', 'Bright', 'Master Volume', 'Gain' and 'Input Gain' as well as the Cab block volume. They can control effects on/off states by attaching it to the 'Bypass Mode' modifier and they can also be set to momentary for short licks so there's no quick switching on and off.

I would love to see how that works.

Is it possible to share a preset and controller settings.

And if it is...any chance you might share that?

☺️

Scenes are good but I've discovered another friend with Control Switches. They're instantaneous and can control a lot of different parameters at once. I have a preset where CS1 controls the Amp block's 'Boost', 'Bright', 'Master Volume', 'Gain' and 'Input Gain' as well as the Cab block volume. They can control effects on/off states by attaching it to the 'Bypass Mode' modifier and they can also be set to momentary for short licks so there's no quick switching on and off.
As an Axe Fx III owner patiently awaiting an FC-12 controller so that I can personally experience Control Switches, can you please elaborate? My understanding was that they could only be used for on/off type of changes. How are you using them to control variable things like gain and volume?

As an Axe Fx III owner patiently awaiting an FC-12 controller so that I can personally experience Control Switches, can you please elaborate? My understanding was that they could only be used for on/off type of changes. How are you using them to control variable things like gain and volume?
it's an on/off control, and you have the same Modifier menu available, so you can set the Min and Max for any parameter. it's almost like using a Scene controller at only 0% or 100%, and it's tied to a switch, not a Scene, so it's somewhat independent.

it's an on/off control, and you have the same Modifier menu available, so you can set the Min and Max for any parameter. it's almost like using a Scene controller at only 0% or 100%, and it's tied to a switch, not a Scene, so it's somewhat independent.
Aha! Cool...

I'm looking forward even more to having this now because I suspect that much of what I use scenes for today could be replaced with Control Switches, which is (for me) great because I use all 8 scenes and could use more :)

Control switches are super powerful - especially in parallel with scenes. Let's say you have the classic clean, crunch, and heavy scenes, then you can have a solo boost on a control switch that works on all scenes to increase level, raise the delay amount and maybe output compression in the amp block.

As it turns out, I was overthinking (and panicking) just a bit. Scenes were able to do *most* of what I was looking for, though I had to make a few changes on the fly a few minutes before rehearsal. This was my first band practice using the AX8, so I’m the full throes of a learning curve.

It’s amazing how you can design a patch at home, cranked up really loud, and when you try it at a different place, it winds up being totally different. Unusable in my case.

Eventually I’m going to need to make these changes with an expression pedal once I get one, so I’m pretty sure modifiers are going to be the way to go at that point.

Back
Top Bottom