one rhythm guitar panned L+R how to...(live situation)

Is there any options to send the guitar via L+R outputs to the PA mixing desk in a live situation and mimic the natural delay between the two signals?
We are a one guitar metal band a i want to mimic the studio feel like..
when you track two rhythm guitars one (L) has an amp and the (R) another, also with the natural few milliseconds delay to recreate the stereo image

any help will be appreciated

Erm, split your signal into two amps, drive each amp intoa cabinet block (separate block for each amp). Make sure you're using.2.different amps but they should sound roughly the same. Hard pan one cabinet block left, the other right. Plug in headphones to check stereo spread. Insert enhancer block to further widen the signal even more, making sure both cabs are running into this enhancer block. You should be set.

Unless you already have, I'd strongly suggest going through the manual once,as well as the wiki. Have fun :) this setup sounds huge btw - truly truly massive. Chugs are very rewarding :-D

Yup, the enhancer block will do this. Now you just need to get the looper going so you can shred solos over rhythm riffs! Or pull a Dimebag and dont :)

There are two ways you can go about this:

1. Chorus:
spilt the chain in two rows, put a chorus in the second row, mono, two voices play with the delay, mix 100%, put a mixer behind and pan the rows 100% L & R:
2. delay:
Same thing but with a delay block instead of the chorus. 100% wet and about 6-9ms of mono delay.

You'll get an extremely wide sound where, when the delay or chorus block is engaged, the guitar moves from the center of the stereo image to far left and right.
Stereo%20effect%201.JPG
Stereo%20effect%202.JPG

Stereo%20effect%203.JPG

I am sure there are different ways to do this, but I wasn't happy with the sound when I tried with chorus and enhancer.
Like you, I am the only guitarist in my band, and I do this to get dual guitar sound. This is the closest I could get.

The delay in front of the second amp has only 1 feedback, and the delay time is modulated between 8 to 18 ms using LFO to mimic 2 guitarists.
Guitar Cabs are Panned 100% right and 100% Left!
(The Flanger is OFF)

Axe_FX.png

Last edited:
I am sure there are different ways to do this, but I wasn't happy with the sound when I tried with chorus and enhancer.
Like you, I am the only guitarist in our band, and do this to get dual guitar sound. This is the closest I could get.

The delay in front of the second amp has only 1 feedback, and the delay time is modulated between 8 to 18 secs using LFO to mimic 2 guitarists.
(The Flanger is OFF)

Axe_FX.png

That actually looks pretty neat.
I'll give it a shot!
I guess you meant 8 to 18 ms, or that second guitarist better get off stage:lol

I never liked the 100% split, I find a 75/25 or 80/20 per side to sound more balanced from a distance, which is what an audience will be.

Back
Top Bottom