One guitar two sounds?

stevlam

Ok, we lost our bass player, thinking of cracking on for now without bass. I was wondering whether I could setup my axe to create two sounds, one for guitar and one for bass? Thought it might fill out the sound, or am I being stupid and it just wont work? Any ideas anyone?

You could increase global eq low end to fill the sound. But as bass guitar is a seperate instrument and has seperate parts within a song, there is no work around.

You can however paralell a synth block
To track the lower frequencies to create a sign or square wav based on the chords you play, then use that to feed a bass amp and cab within your preset.

You could increase global eq low end to fill the sound. But as bass guitar is a seperate instrument and has seperate parts within a song, there is no work around.

You can however paralell a synth block
To track the lower frequencies to create a sign or square wav based on the chords you play, then use that to feed a bass amp and cab within your preset.

Hi NMG

Could you explain in a little more detail? Ive never used a Synth block. The music is various styles but mainly classic 60s, 70s rock.

many thanks

I'm wondering if there is a way to have a filter assigned so only notes/frequences below 1319Hz would be sent to a pitch block set to detune one octave and then route to a bass amp & cab. This way any note you play on your low E string would be routed accordingly. Of course, some other notes on the A and D string would be affected so you would have to voice your chords accordingly using primarily strings 1,2 & 3.

Not an easy task to play both parts.

If I was in that situation I would use a system like Reaper, record all the bass parts and play to the track live.

How about using a pamaramic EQ with blocking sent to pitch block minus one octave?

Like an OC-2 running on a parallel grid.

Hi NMG

Could you explain in a little more detail? Ive never used a Synth block. The music is various styles but mainly classic 60s, 70s rock.

many thanks

not really no, i just tried what i said and it becomes to garbled to be musically suitable, maybe if you were doing some frank zappa? jk

for just the omph down there split your signal and pitch it one octave low and cut away everything above 200hz. not really a bass imitation here but should work for chords ;)

Ok, we lost our bass player, thinking of cracking on for now without bass. I was wondering whether I could setup my axe to create two sounds, one for guitar and one for bass? Thought it might fill out the sound, or am I being stupid and it just wont work? Any ideas anyone?

something like this?

It's an old clip...

With the new tracking for the pitch block you might get really good results.

Jens

for just the omph down there split your signal and pitch it one octave low and cut away everything above 200hz. not really a bass imitation here but should work for chords ;)

Hi, could you explain in more detail how that would be done?

Back
Top Bottom