One Control Switch for latching and momentary

1vl

No question, just my findings, which others may have already found out...

I reserved a button for Control Switch 1 (latching) in my main layout. The hold function of that button is also CS1 (but momentary).

Depending on my mood and need, I can use it to operate a special function in each preset (sometimes a part with a harmony voice, sometimes a fake wah, extra Delay,...) and simply press the switch twice or for a correspondingly long time, depending on the situation.
Very convenient.

Sorry, as a non-native speaker, I find it hard to express myself appropriately... So I'll try another way:

Each button of the FC has 2 options: tap and hold. Instead of using 2 different functions, I programmed the same function (CS1) for both operating variants: Once as an on off switch and in hold mode as a momentary switch (CS1 as long as I press).

By setting CS1 as the source for modifiers in a preset, I can use it to toggle all sorts of extras. This gives me the same button for different 'gimmicks' in each preset. And I can choose latching or momentary as needed.

I was just surprised at how well this works for me since I've always tried to map different functions to tap and hold before.

Back
Top Bottom