One Axe Edit to rule them all?

rodzimguitar68

Fractal Fanatic
I already have other Axe II's.

Will there be a separate Axe Edit that has the 6x14 grid, or will the layout refresh to accommodate a user who is using Axe Edit to sometimes control the III, and other times to control a II?

Thanks

we've seen a screen shot of Axe-Edit in reference to the III and it seems to be a separate program.

Upside to a new program is you can run both side-by-side without having to resort to any tricks. So you can have an editor running attached to your III and another attached to your II and yet another attached your AX8 and/or FX8 all at the same time.

That is a great thing indeed. I currently use Axe Edit and Frac Tool or Axe Live to control my 2nd Axe FX, but I have to change the source on the Axe Edit if I want to do more advanced editing. Limitation of a Mac.

I'd love it if someone smart in here could explain how to install a 2nd copy and fool the Mac into thinking it was something different so I could run two instances at the same time.

The III will likely replace everything by itself. No dropouts during scene changes/amp changes, is huge.

I'm wondering if spillover is controllable on a channel change basis, so if I have a short delay and a long delay on different channels, I will get spillover on both as I switch between them, and if it is controllable to spill or not to spill.

I'm wondering if spillover is controllable on a channel change basis, so if I have a short delay and a long delay on different channels, I will get spillover on both as I switch between them, and if it is controllable to spill or not to spill.
No. But you could use two blocks to achieve what you want here.

I think the bypass type can have a modifier attached to it, so perhaps I've answered my own question. I could change the bypass type and then switch channels. I can control the order of operations in my midi system, so if there will be modifiers to attach the way we have it in the II, then maybe that is how I could do this, without using additional blocks, but thank you for replying!

I could change the bypass type and then switch channels.
If you change channels while repeats are still occurring, irregardless of the bypass settings*, weird artifacts can occur. That's true on the II and the III.

* The only bypass type that would solve this would be MUTE OUTPUT (or MUTE FX OUTPUT) but then you wouldn't have the trails preserved.

Back
Top Bottom