On the fence between Axe FX II and Kemper Profiling Amp

To OP, let me break it down to you in plain english.

Kemper will toast your sliced bread:

Untitled-3_zpse57c0836.jpg

Fractal Audio will get you the girl of your dreams:

Axe-Fx-II-swimsuit_zpsf40703c6.jpg

Uhh, is the Fractal Knob Adjuster ("FKA") pictured an optional accessory? I check and rechecked my Axe FX II box again and it wasn't in there (I checked the manual and the store for any mention of an optional adjuster too ... nothing!) ;)

I've owned both and while the Axe is more tweakable, I don't think very many people actually use the front panel, most people use the software editor. While I found the tones in the Kemper very pleasing, the Axe has the Kemper beat in the FX department hands down. Buy the Axe.

I've owned both and while the Axe is more tweakable, I don't think very many people actually use the front panel, most people use the software editor. While I found the tones in the Kemper very pleasing, the Axe has the Kemper beat in the FX department hands down. Buy the Axe.

Most Axe guys who started out with the Ultra/Standard probably had been using the front panel due to lack of stable Editor. It is not that hard to use. Hopefully AE3 makes this even easier for the guys who have front panel anxiety.

Back
Top Bottom