OMG9 - external foot switches for output volume increment / decrement?

Rumbletone

Inspired
Hi all! I’m new to the FM3 and am trying to figure out whether I can use an external footswitch (latching or momentary) connected to the FC6 external switch jacks to control the output volume increment/decrement function.

I can see how to assign MIDI CC#s to control the output volume increment / decrement, and I’ve successfully assigned external footswitches to control other functions like tap tempo and tuner (both manually and by using the ‘learn’ function), but is it possible to assign external foot switches to control output volume increment / decrement?

If it can’t be done directly, any recommendations on how to set up a global boost / cut with external switches? I could easily do it on a per-scene basis by controlling any number of parameters (for example, by engaging/bypassing a boost pedal block) but I want something global - ie, no matter what scene / preset is engaged, I hit the external switch and it boosts the output.

Thanks in advance!

External switches can do anything built-in switches can do.

You will need to set them up as stand-in switches.

External switches can do anything built-in switches can do.

You will need to set them up as stand-in switches.

Thanks - I've figured out how to do stand-in switches and have it working for other functions. The challenge is that I can't find how to assign a built-in switch to volume increment / decrement. From the manual and from the menus in the FM3 it appears that only MIDI CC#'s can trigger volume increment / decrement - is there a way to assign built-in switches to send a MIDI CC# internally to the FM3? I see how to get built-in switches to send MIDI CC#'s to external devices, but not how to send MIDI CC#'s to control internal functions.

Keep scrolling past the Midi CC#s in the list for Volume Increment and Decrement and you'll see the external pedals and switches.

Thanks - I've figured out how to do stand-in switches and have it working for other functions. The challenge is that I can't find how to assign a built-in switch to volume increment / decrement. From the manual and from the menus in the FM3 it appears that only MIDI CC#'s can trigger volume increment / decrement - is there a way to assign built-in switches to send a MIDI CC# internally to the FM3? I see how to get built-in switches to send MIDI CC#'s to external devices, but not how to send MIDI CC#'s to control internal functions.
You can't send midi internally... Well, you could by creating a loop (midi out to midi in jacks) but that shouldn't be necessary.

Are you trying to Amp level and Save?

See here from the Footswitch Function Guide:

29AA0642-5C61-4AF8-9655-D378CFF0824A.jpeg

Just wanted to confirm that this is possible with my Mosley 2 button switch and it’s a handy feature to use live.

You can't send midi internally... Well, you could by creating a loop (midi out to midi in jacks) but that shouldn't be necessary.

Are you trying to Amp level and Save?

See here from the Footswitch Function Guide:

View attachment 93201
I found this exact page in the manual too, I still do not know how to access this in the fm9 edit to actually program the switches on pedal 2,3 one to do vol down, one to do vol up (by effecting the output 1 globally for every preset. any idea, ultimately I am looking to make 2 external switches one vol up one vol down can not find this anywhere.

I found this exact page in the manual too, I still do not know how to access this in the fm9 edit to actually program the switches on pedal 2,3 one to do vol down, one to do vol up (by effecting the output 1 globally for every preset. any idea, ultimately I am looking to make 2 external switches one vol up one vol down can not find this anywhere.
You will need to configure your external switches as stand-in switches.

Then you can assign those functions to the switch settings thru FC Edit within the editor.

Stand-in switches require some setup that is only possibleon the hardware.

Search the FM3 manual for "Stand-in Switch"...

Back
Top Bottom