OMG/FM9 And Accessing All 8 Scenes With Dedicated Buttons For Each

Stratoblaster

Fractal Fanatic
I'm using the OMG9 layout with my FM3/FC6 and am wondering if you can configure the FM9/OMG layout as follows:

-when you tap "Scenes" (from the "Presets" - "Scenes" - Effects" main/home buttons) if you can access all 8 scenes via dedicated footswitches and have the last/free button 'return' you to the main/home buttons?

Similarly, can you configure the FM9/OMG to have 8 switches dedicated to "Presets" or "Effects" instances, and a 'return' button?

I'd find it very useful to be able to access all 8 scenes, in particular, with only one tap of a dedicated button. With the FM3/FC6/OMG9 I have to tap a "More" button to access Scenes 7 & 8 which I'd like to avoid on an FM9.

I don't have an FM9 so I can't experiment with this...thanks!

I'm using the OMG9 layout with my FM3/FC6 and am wondering if you can configure the FM9/OMG layout as follows:

-when you tap "Scenes" (from the "Presets" - "Scenes" - Effects" main/home buttons) if you can access all 8 scenes via dedicated footswitches and have the last/free button 'return' you to the main/home buttons?

Similarly, can you configure the FM9/OMG to have 8 switches dedicated to "Presets" or "Effects" instances, and a 'return' button?

I'd find it very useful to be able to access all 8 scenes, in particular, with only one tap of a dedicated button. With the FM3/FC6/OMG9 I have to tap a "More" button to access Scenes 7 & 8 which I'd like to avoid on an FM9.

I don't have an FM9 so I can't experiment with this...thanks!
To split this across FM3/FC6, you may have to have some switches duplicated in various layouts in the FC6 layouts' top row so you can have the bottom row and FM3 buttons for the FM9 bottom row functions. Sounds like you could use a page with layout screenshots of the FM9 to use as a reference....

Last edited:
Thanks guys...I thought as much but wanted some confirmation. My purchase invite showed up recently so I'm having a deeper look into the FM9.

One thing to note - the Layout Link fires after the main function of the switch....
Yes, it’s like the layout equivalent of an “Oh, BTW, when you’re done with all that, can you go to the store to get…?” request we hear on Saturday morning when we’re hoping to get the chores done and then sit down to play with the modeler… but NOOooo…

Not that that’s ever happened to me.

I was working on my switch layouts last night and set up layout links so that when I select any preset, it immediately switches to the scenes view. One click and ready to roll. Love it!

Nice....that's how I'm currently running my FM3/FC6. Layout Links are indeed super handy...

Reactions: Den
To split this across FM3/FC6, you may have to have some switches duplicated in various layouts in the FC6 layouts' top row so you can have the bottom row and FM3 buttons for the FM9 bottom row functions. Sounds like you could use a page with layout screenshots of the FM9 to use as a reference....

Yes, for sure....I always like looking at how people are configuring their layouts; I've seen some clever setups with some great ideas for improved/more efficient overall functionality.

I'm going to configure the 9 buttons on my FM3/FC6 for added Scene functionality which should translate to the FM9 pretty much the same...

Reactions: Den
Back
Top Bottom