Old Song Re-recorded and Re-mixed. Ownhammer Mesa v32 IR. S2.0. FAS MODERN & TRILIAN

this is really good stuff.
For some reason I keep hearing the lead singer from the Deftones singing over this (in my head of course)

this is really good stuff.
For some reason I keep hearing the lead singer from the Deftones singing over this (in my head of course)

It really is good. Nice progressions, excellent layering.

Deftones isn't quite what I hear. The bridge made me think of something that I couldn't quite put a finger on for a while. It was driving me crazy, but I eventually figured out that it was the bridge to "I Should Have Known" by Foo Fighters that I was thinking of.

WOW...you guys are too kind with these comments!

I'm so pleased that you've commented on the writing as well as tones and mix etc.

With this kind of feedback I think I might rerecord the entire ep again and share with you all!

Thanks again I really appreciate all of your comments

It all sounds great. The rhythm chordy tone has some grit I don't care for (I'd prefer it ultra clean, like that bit after the solo), and the rhythm gain tones are too crunchy for my taste. Love the solo tone - very round, like a golden rod - and think its place in the mix is just fine. Don't know what java's on about there.

Really love the guitar tones here. Your playing is tight and articulate! And the song is very refreshing to listen to. I dig it!

if this tune was up on iTunes, I'd buy it... very good!! Those intro melody lines are addictive. I find the tone just fine, sometimes I find people over fixate on tone when it is the tune that is the most important thing. I'm always curious from a guitar player perspective, are those drum loops or did you program that yourself. One thing I've always wanted to do is get better at programming drums and I still suck at it...

Sounds really great man! wow! I also really like the writing on this! Its a great example of how to properly combine rock and metal. If I had one suggestion it would be to add a longer tail to the snare drum as it sounds really gated. You cant hear it on most sections cause of the cymbals but its really noticeable in the softer sections. Otherwise its sweet :) Really like that part at 3:39, very nice tone you have there.

... and the part from 3:06 leading up to 3:39. Perfect dude!

Thanks so much guys!

I'm glad that you're looking passed the tone and just enjoying the music, that is a sign to me that I have done something right haha

The drums were played in by me on a korg pad control. The drums are a mix of superior 2.0 and metal machine, no other third party samples.

Wow! A little late to the party but this is killer, production, tones and playing are great, melody and composition are outstanding! I'd buy this stuff.

Spence

Back
Top Bottom