Old Les Paul + Old Plexi Style Tones

Hey Tyler,

Firstly thanks so much for the patches and your demos. Your playing is absolutely fantastic and very inspiring! :)

Just a quick question to see if anyone else is experiencing this but I am running 18b and have downloaded you last 4 patches or so, and for me, for some reason everyone of them is really clipping my output. I am playing a LP standard and my input is set at 29%. For example, the LP Plexi patch was massively clipping at the patch amp level setting of -9.0db. I lowered it to -16.0db and I am still clipping. I can't see anything else in there (cab level etc) that would make me clip the outs. I though it may have been something on my end so I re-installed fw18b a couple times and the same thing.

I can keep bringing the amp level down to get it not to clip, just wondering why it would different than your setup.

Thanks,
D

Ah..yes... sorry. I keep forgetting to mention this in my posts. I lowered the I/O Master output volume to the minimum setting. I did this so I could set the output knob perfectly at noon at every gig and it wouldn't overload our ear Monitor mixing board.

Just bring the amps to at least -12 and the cabs to 0 or -6 and you should be good.

Hey Tyler,

Firstly thanks so much for the patches and your demos. Your playing is absolutely fantastic and very inspiring! :)

Just a quick question to see if anyone else is experiencing this but I am running 18b and have downloaded you last 4 patches or so, and for me, for some reason everyone of them is really clipping my output. I am playing a LP standard and my input is set at 29%. For example, the LP Plexi patch was massively clipping at the patch amp level setting of -9.0db. I lowered it to -16.0db and I am still clipping. I can't see anything else in there (cab level etc) that would make me clip the outs. I though it may have been something on my end so I re-installed fw18b a couple times and the same thing.

I can keep bringing the amp level down to get it not to clip, just wondering why it would different than your setup.

Thanks,
D

Ah..yes... sorry. I keep forgetting to mention this in my posts. I lowered the I/O Master output volume to the minimum setting. I did this so I could set the output knob perfectly at noon at every gig and it wouldn't overload our ear Monitor mixing board.

Just bring the amps to at least -12 and the cabs to 0 or -6 and you should be good.

Excellent, thanks!

I got a bridge and a neck version for my LP Studio from '92. Had P-Rails in there before, which I liked (except for the hum). The Kinman are fantastic, very touch sensitive. They don't feel compressed, which I don't like with PAFs...

I got a bridge and a neck version for my LP Studio from '92. Had P-Rails in there before, which I liked (except for the hum). The Kinman are fantastic, very touch sensitive. They don't feel compressed, which I don't like with PAFs...

Kinman have 5 different flavors of P90: standard neck, hi-def neck, clean bridge, nasty 90n, nasty 90b.

I was curious which flavor you ended up with and in what position.

You guys should be posting clips with the Les Pauls and the humbuckers you like...

Kinman have 5 different flavors of P90: standard neck, hi-def neck, clean bridge, nasty 90n, nasty 90b.

[QUOTE

Anyone use a good PAF style pickup they might recommend?[/QUOTE]

If you got a really good Les Paul, Amber Spirit of 59 would be a good choice. It´s breathing.........

Against the old SD Dimarzios - it sounds really good - and not like a Distortion PU!

I have the new p90-bucker, which is a P90 in a PAF form factor. When I ordered them, they were available only in neck and bridge...

I have the new p90-bucker, which is a P90 in a PAF form factor. When I ordered them, they were available only in neck and bridge...

Cool thanks :)

From the Kinman site, I think Clean Bridge and Standard Neck would be what I want for a Les Paul (mahogany with maple cap) guitar:

Back
Top Bottom