OK Now I'm Really Depressed

gigawatt

Experienced
So I was listening to Garbage the other day and just losing my mind over Shirley Ann Manson (Shirley being my mother's name and Anne being my first wife's name), anyway I'm just madly in love with her and was writing in the headphones Axe III post. Listened to about 7 or 8 songs and shut it down. Today it picked up where I left off and I listened to some more songs and "Only Happy When It Rains" came on and it reminded me of my old female fronted band "Pandora's Kingdom." We used to cover this song and had a lot of fun doing it. PK disbanded in July 2011 and my fiance passed away suddenly the next month, that is what has me depressed. We used to listen to this song almost every day alng with a few others PK played, (cuz I had to learn them) and would sit at the desktop with my Klipsch Ref 4's and just blast it. So today after "Rains" "Stupid Girl" came on and I almost started ballin, I haven't felt this way since she died. So I quickly put on some live Yngwie to ease the pain, nothing like a blasting Marshall and single coils to rattle the mind, right? So now I just watched the live version of "Rains" that we covered that was on the Jools Holland show, must be someone elses posting cuz it sounds more muddy. But it's def the vid. It was just a wave that came over me and suddenly I felt I was at her bedside in the hospital for 2 days untill they had run all their tests and then her brother told me she's braindead. I've been married since and divorced but she was the one, you know? I'll never meet someone like that again, and she was so good at taking care of my mom, who died 6 months later, prolly cuz she wasn't around to take care of her anymore. She's also the reason I haven't been on Facebook in over 5 years, too many memories and over 1200 friends... Maybe I'll go on again soon, if I can remember the password. I hope you're in a better place Patty, my soul mate.

Last edited:
That’s a rough one man and unfortunately I can relate. Hope you can find solace in your music or whatever speaks to you to get you through. I’ve found song writing to be cathartic in times of emotional upheaval, but whatever works for you... hope it gets better.

That’s a rough one man and unfortunately I can relate. Hope you can find solace in your music or whatever speaks to you to get you through. I’ve found song writing to be cathartic in times of emotional upheaval, but whatever works for you... hope it gets better.

Thanks Project Mayhem, I really appreciate it :). Just seeing your avatar has me feeling better already :D. (Sorry Shirley).

I don't know why, but in a weird way I like those moments. As much as it hurts, it reminds me that I have loved someone that deeply. I celebrate them by the loss I feel.

I know that probably doesn't help. But as one who has lost people who meant the world to me, it gives me some comfort that it's OKAY to ache.

R

My mother died in 1992 due to lung cancer. And she used to really loved to listen to blues music. I made some mixed blues tapes for her and we would know when she returned home from work when we would hear loud blues music coming into our street. We used to go to blues concerts together, including a couple of early Walter Trout gigs. But ever since I just can't bring myself to listen to any blues anymore. Nor Walter Trout.

In the end all things come to an end. All the good things, but also all the bad things.

Thanks you guys for sharing, means a lot to me. :)

I never thought it would be the song "Stupid Girl" that sets me off. lol. Still love the song, and Shirley Manson, gosh there's just something so unique about her ya know, that "it" factor. My fiance had that too ;).

Some Megadeth to ease the pain today I think! :cool: Live with Marty of course ;).

Back
Top Bottom