Ok....I'll bite....ETA... FWQ9.04?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhh yes grasshoppa. Soon.

Historically, the firmware is rolled out on the Axe and then "soon" after on the AX8. Now with Joe Rodgers gone, it is anyone's guess as to when it will be ready for the AX8. I'm sure the FAS team is working on it and when it is ready it will be rolled out as a beta. In the interim, I'm enjoying 9.03 immensely.

Man , ......I FINALLY have THE best sounding amp dialed in , that I have ever had. EVER.

I just recently took time ( after 2 years ) to read a good portion of the Wiki ( which has multiple repeats - ...."that's a trip" ) , and it would have gotten me to where I am - a lot sooner. For any tweakers out there - READ THE WIKI. !!!
I made adjustments on my own , that I learned about - before I read the WIKI. I still got there , just took longer.

This is the first time since ownership that I am scared to upgrade the firmware , and I've spent hundreds of hours making presets before. Never a love for my sound like I have now though. I'd prefer 9.03 was THE END. :)

Man , ......I FINALLY have THE best sounding amp dialed in , that I have ever had. EVER.

I just recently took time ( after 2 years ) to read a good portion of the Wiki ( which has multiple repeats - ...."that's a trip" ) , and it would have gotten me to where I am - a lot sooner. For any tweakers out there - READ THE WIKI. !!!
I made adjustments on my own , that I learned about - before I read the WIKI. I still got there , just took longer.

This is the first time since ownership that I am scared to upgrade the firmware , and I've spent hundreds of hours making presets before. Never a love for my sound like I have now though. I'd prefer 9.03 was THE END. :)

Just back up your presets. If you don't gel with 9.04, roll back and reload your backed up presets. Zero risk

There's absolutely no rule that says you have to use the latest firmware. I've been very happy with "old" firmware versions (more so with the FX8) and only try a new one if there's a new feature or bug fix that I feel is something that would be beneficial or necessary. I suppose it's almost human nature, or Fractal-nature as it were, to feel the need to move on to the next new thing.

I'm extremely happy with my presets now as well and will more than likely stick with the current firmware as it appears that not much is being added or changed in the next one. It's not to say that my presets wouldn't benefit from the changes but as happy as I am with the current firmware, it seems silly to mess with them.

I'm intrigued. What amp is it? Would you mind sharing your preset with us to check out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom