Oh wow - tip for getting sounds to translate

mrleon83

So I’m just posting this just in case anyone has a similiar issue..

I use a headrush fr108 while tweaking my sounds and for concerts I go direct into the pa and use the headrush as my monitor. I’ve found that every time I’m using the near max cable setting of my wireless unit to take the highs.

This may be totally obvious to the more experienced, but raising the headrush off the ground has resulted in a sound that translates perfectly!

On the ground it’s overly bassy but the depth, clarity and smoothness through the pa is immense! Happy Friday !

So I’m just posting this just in case anyone has a similiar issue..

I use a headrush fr108 while tweaking my sounds and for concerts I go direct into the pa and use the headrush as my monitor. I’ve found that every time I’m using the near max cable setting of my wireless unit to take the highs.

This may be totally obvious to the more experienced, but raising the headrush off the ground has resulted in a sound that translates perfectly!

On the ground it’s overly bassy but the depth, clarity and smoothness through the pa is immense! Happy Friday !
How do you get it off the ground? I have the 12" HR FRFR and it is very muddy until it is cranked way too loud for my practice room. I'd love to find a way to make it usable.

How do you get it off the ground? I have the 12" HR FRFR and it is very muddy until it is cranked way too loud for my practice room. I'd love to find a way to make it usable.
Best way is to have someone hold it so its easily adjustable. ;) I have placed my PA speakers anywhere from 18-24" high on top of a sub or chair, or on a PA stand. Getting it decoupled from the floor is huge though. having a speaker up against a boundary adds roughly 3dB in the low end for each floor or wall that the speaker is close to.

I completely agree, I had a global eq on the fm3 to “flatten” the Headrush… was amazing until I put it on a stand, then it was horribly shrill lol

Global eq reset, and decoupled it’s A1

Decoupling for the win! :)

I use a regular old-fashioned amplifier stand. Works great. I also use an amp stand for a
separate Headrush 1-12 that I use as a keyboard monitor.
I've been doing this also. Doing my first gig with the FM3 tomorrow and using one of my 108s. I plan to have it set up on the amp stand for the gig.

Best way is to have someone hold it so its easily adjustable. ;) I have placed my PA speakers anywhere from 18-24" high on top of a sub or chair, or on a PA stand. Getting it decoupled from the floor is huge though. having a speaker up against a boundary adds roughly 3dB in the low end for each floor or wall that the speaker is close to.
Good to know.. and glad to hear it doesn't matter what you put it on.

I find that amp stands can bring my Matrix Q12 too close to my guitar, and there’s magnetic coupling between the speaker coil and the pickup coils. Instead I have it on the floor, with this to angle it like a monitor:

y1cExqY.jpg

Back
Top Bottom