Oh okay, NOW I understand PRS!

Some player wear. But I have no doubt this is a great guitar. Recent price reduction
probably means a motivated seller. :)

https://reverb.com/item/46225575-2001-paul-reed-smith-mccarty-1994-2007-whale-blue

wst9lgyxsbi4pli7hmki.jpg
That’s in the next town over from me. Nice!

Hey, here's an interesting read on the 594. I was wondering about your question and postulating the the 4 in 594 stood for the 4 control knobs. Nope, it's from the scale length of 24.594".

Anyway, I found this webpage interesting as it backed up suspicions I had held about vintage instruments. (Those instruments weren't vintage when those classic tones were produced).

Anyway, this thread has me seriously contemplating a 594 (one with curves! :p ). Great in sights.

https://heartbreakerguitars.com/blogs/heartbreaker-guitars-blog/the-prs-mccarty-594

That scale length is why it feels like a really tiny guitar to bigger guys like me.

I have never dealt with taxes there. It's just one guy selling a used piece of gear to another.
If you sell a used item for more than you paid for it you technically owe capital gains on the profit. You can do things to offset the gains too, of course. (ref)

In reality no one does this kind of accounting and filing. Pursuing this lost tax revenue isn't worth the IRS' time and effort.

Last edited:
That’s in the next town over from me. Nice!

Cool! :)

I love a well-used, played in guitar. So often new guitars feel kind of plasticky and not broken in. To me.

Then again, I tend to gravitate to rescue animals, old trucks, barren roads, and rustic cabins. Something
about the "spirit" of those things that have been maybe taken for granted, mistreated, or abandoned
really connects with me. Give them some love and they tend to tell/reveal the best stories. :)

Edit: I bet the bridge pickup that occasionally cuts out (according to the seller) is just a switch issue on
the pickup selector. Easy peasy!

Does 3/4" really matter that much? It's the same 24 3/4" as a Les Paul... Versus 25 1/2" on a Strat.
I don't really notice the scale length difference between my Les Paul and my 594. The 549 is less than 1/4" shorter in scale fwiw, not 3/4", than the Les Paul. But there is a noticeable difference in how it plays vs. a 24.5" scale length Strat or even my 25" scale PRSi.

I don't really notice the scale length difference between my Les Paul and my 594. The 549 is less than 1/4" shorter in scale fwiw, not 3/4", than the Les Paul. But there is a noticeable difference in how it plays vs. a 24.5" scale length Strat or even my 25" scale PRSi.
Confusion on my part... I was (mis)remembering the reason behind there 24.594" scale. I thought it was actually the same length as the Les Paul and that 24 3/4" wasn't the actual scale of the LP.

I was meaning 3/4" between LP and Strat...

So, it would be close to a 1" difference between the 594 and a Strat neck. Still pretty small difference to me.

Does 3/4" really matter that much? It's the same 24 3/4" as a Les Paul... Versus 25 1/2" on a Strat.
That was what I was thinking. It's actually an ~1/8" less than a LP, but 7/8" less than a Strat or Majesty/JP. (Not sure about other 25.5" scale guitars.)
I can tell the difference between my Majesty and LP, but not the length. It's more of a "feel" thing. Since I use 10's on all my guitars, they just feel a little lighter on the LP. But even that is probably mostly in my head.

I have a question... What is a Violin II? PRS makes so many variants, I have a hard time keeping them even somewhat straight.

Back
Top Bottom