OH IRs 4x12 vs 2x12 vs 1x12

unFILTERed

Power User
I have the 4x12 modern and vintage package...like them alot and thinking about buying
the new ones...but wondering if there is a huge sonic difference which u cant achieve by some eq and stuff.
Or in other words wondering what should i sonicaly expect?

Would be great if someone could upload same speaker, sam preamp mix of different cabs...

I have tried Carr rambler with all three. To me 4x12 has that bigger sound with looser low end. Pretty different to me. I really like the 2x12 so far with my single coil guitars.

They sound the way you'd expect them to; nothing more to it really. The 112 with a specific speaker sounds quite different than the same speaker in a 212 and then the 412. It's very much a reality sort of thing; you can try to EQ in the difference; but IMHO, just do it for real.

Not trying to kiss ass here, but Scott's mixes in the new 1x12 and 2x12(Dlx and Shiva) are worth the price of admission alone. I was always tweaking like crazy before, never completely satisfied, and never wanted to deal with the rabbit hole of mixing cabs. Well, drop those puppies in, and do some small tweaks to TMB(like you would on a real amp), and Low res dialed in to taste, and my ideal tone is there so quickly. After being so happy with the results, I have gotten into putting together my own recipe mixes with wonderful results :)

Scott, any other ir's you recommend for metal? I purchased the ohammer Marshall ir pack.

Back
Top Bottom