Not a Bug OFM9G - previously selected layout switch is bright instead of dim

strabes

Experienced
Vendor
I upgraded to 6.00 but decided to downgrade back to 5.01. Now in my OFM9G layout the footswitch LED corresponding to the previously-selected layout is bright. Before upgrading all the layout selection switches were always dim. I use the master layout as my "presets" layout, and in this video you can see when I switch back to that layout the previously selected layout LED is bright instead of dim.

Edit to add a more detailed video:

Last edited:
I can't tell what you are trying to show in the video because the color and brightness are not great.

@strabes Since that's a modified set of layouts, I'd need to see them. Please email a system backup to our support address.

Hi there @strabes
I checked out your file. You aren't using the OMG layouts but a custom creation—yours? What you're seeing is caused by the fact that layout 9 -- the Master Layout Menu (MLM) -- has been modified. Remember that the MLM is a special layout. While you're there, it will show you where you came from -- which incidentally, is also where you'll go back to if you use the foot roll to exit the MLM ;-)

In the OMG layouts, layouts 1-6 are used and the Master Layout menu remains basically unmodified. Try building what you need in some of the unused layouts of your FM9 and it will work like I think you want.

;-)
1706648555454.png

Last edited:
Hi there @strabes
I checked out your file. You aren't using the OMG layouts but a custom creation—yours?
Thanks for looking into it. Yep, it's my own version of OFM9G. I used the master layout as my presets layout because then I can get there from anywhere using the rocking motion, so this method frees up a switch on every layout for something else. It's weird because I don't ever remember this behavior until I updated. Thankfully everything still works perfectly, I was just confused about the bright status. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom