Wish Offline editing

tcarnes68

Inspired
I'd like to be able to edit presets and pretty much anything the Axe Edit can do but do it offline somehow and be able to save it and then when you plug in, it would update.

I'd like to be able to edit presets and pretty much anything the Axe Edit can do but do it offline somehow and be able to save it and then when you plug in, it would update.
It won’t work. The modeler is like a mainframe computer and the editor is a terminal connected to it. The editor isn’t the brain, it’s a keyboard and display device with a mouse attached. EVERYTHING that happens of importance is inside the modeler; it is the authority of what is known.

To work offline means that the editor would have to download all the presets, cabs, layout before we could work on something … but, what if, after downloading all that and making a change, the user changed things from the front panel?

Managing synchronization of changes is a problem in software and data management, especially with this architecture of host and what should be “terminals”.

This could change in the next generation of hardware. Cliff could wake in the middle of the night and yell “Eureka!” and offline editing could occur.

It won’t work. The modeler is like a mainframe computer and the editor is a terminal connected to it. The editor isn’t the brain, it’s a keyboard and display device with a mouse attached. EVERYTHING that happens of importance is inside the modeler; it is the authority of what is known.

To work offline means that the editor would have to download all the presets, cabs, layout before we could work on something … but, what if, after downloading all that and making a change, the user changed things from the front panel?

Managing synchronization of changes is a problem in software and data management, especially with this architecture of host and what should be “terminals”.

This could change in the next generation of hardware. Cliff could wake in the middle of the night and yell “Eureka!” and offline editing could occur.
Thanks for that explanation. Does not allowing offline editing offer any protection from potential piracy?

Still a mocked emulation could run in or for AXE EDIT - usual in software engineering - would help organizing and programming in the train or plane at the notebook. But I guess its not enough added value though ..

Back
Top Bottom