Officially converted

Chris Taylor

Hi,

Just a shout out to thank Tom for the great demo he provided for myself, Marc Guillermont and Jack Broad yesterday in Manhattan. Marc is an outstanding guitarist/composer from Paris who was in town for 2 weeks to work on some music with me and Jack is another great guitarist/composer living in NYC who already own the Axe/Fx Ultra and probably posts here.

Here are their myspace pages:
http://www.myspace.com/marcguillermont
http://www.myspace.com/jbromusic

Marc and I have been all over town trying most every boutique amp over the last 2 weeks and the AXE/Fx simply crushed them all, we were truly blown away.
Thanks again to Tom for the great demo and the chance to talk to Harry Kolbe as well!
It is great to know such talented designers are also such cool people.

cheers

c

hey y'all,
just wanted to add to chris' post. it was really great to hang with chris, marc, tom, and harry at harry's place yesterday. we were fortunate enough to get to hear marc tear it up through the axe fx ultra for a little over 2 hours. marc made the comment that the axe fx "made him play things that he's never played before" which is an incredible testament to the power and versatility of this little black box.

we got to hear the axe through some alesis powered monitors as well as through some of harry's 1x12 cabinets (and a 4x12 cab) with an atomic 50 watt power amp (the same same one that will be in the frfr). it really killed through everything. i was initially pretty bummed that we weren't going to be able to hear it though the new atomic frfr. tom had one there but it was in pieces. harry made the comment that the frfr was based on one of his 1x12 cabinets with an eminence neo speaker so what we were hearing was fairly close to what the new frfr enclosure will sound like (it was fat, detailed, very amp-like and the axe fx really shined though it). i think a lot of people will be selling their qsc's once this thing is available (which will be soon). the new midi footswitch is going to be a killer as well!

once again, it was great hanging with everybody yesterday. i wish i could've heard chris play since he is a monster player, composer and producer. everyone should check his music out here: http://www.myspace.com/christaylorsubd

thanks to tom and harry for being cool and generous with their time.

jack

jb70 said:
...the new midi footswitch is going to be a killer as well!

doh.jpg

Doh!!! I was just about to buy a Liquid Foot. Now, I'm thinking of holding out longer for the Fractal one. Did you get any information about when the midi footswitch may become available?

Anyway, cool reviews. Welcome aboard and enjoy, guys!

yo browlett,
tom said he's working hard to get production happening very soon on the frfr and the footswitch (within a few weeks). i don't want to say too much here- maybe tom can chime in to let everyone know officially. i will say that you should definitely hold out for the fractal midi footswitch! it's going to have 2 tiers, a tuner display, and will fit in a rack drawer (i think it's going to have 21 buttons and 4 inputs for expression pedals). both the footswitch and the frfr will be reasonably priced (which is nice considering the economic mess that the world is in).

jack

Chris Taylor said:
Hi,

Just a shout out to thank Tom for the great demo he provided for myself, Marc Guillermont and Jack Broad yesterday in Manhattan. Marc is an outstanding guitarist/composer from Paris who was in town for 2 weeks to work on some music with me and Jack is another great guitarist/composer living in NYC who already own the Axe/Fx Ultra and probably posts here.

Here are their myspace pages:
http://www.myspace.com/marcguillermont
http://www.myspace.com/jbromusic

Marc and I have been all over town trying most every boutique amp over the last 2 weeks and the AXE/Fx simply crushed them all, we were truly blown away.
Thanks again to Tom for the great demo and the chance to talk to Harry Kolbe as well!
It is great to know such talented designers are also such cool people.

cheers

c
Told you so? or... about time! :)

jb70 said:
yo browlett,
tom said he's working hard to get production happening very soon on the frfr and the footswitch (within a few weeks). i don't want to say too much here- maybe tom can chime in to let everyone know officially. i will say that you should definitely hold out for the fractal midi footswitch! it's going to have 2 tiers, a tuner display, and will fit in a rack drawer (i think it's going to have 21 buttons and 4 inputs for expression pedals). both the footswitch and the frfr will be reasonably priced (which is nice considering the economic mess that the world is in).

jack

Jack,

Thanks a million for the tip. Of course, you won't be held to this as giving official news, or anything. But, I appreciate the response & info. Many of us have been waiting for over a year on the release of the floor controller. I'm sure some people here will be psyched to hear this. I hope it turns out to be true. And, once again, enjoy AXE FX land.

trust me, i've also been waiting for both the frfr and the midi footswitch since last july. i'm dying to take this puppy out on gigs!!!!

Ed DeGenaro said:
Told you so? or... about time! :)

Yes you did as did John Czajkowski, I happened to have done a lot of playing with Marc over the last 2 weeks both in the studio and amp shops and it was great for me to listen to someone who's playing I really am familiar with in the same room as me and I could hear that Marc was inspired by the Axe/Fx.

c

Yea this is a great story and another example of how the Axe-Fx takes players to new places. Thanks also for updating the hordes :) on the frfr and footswitch. Everyone's dying to check those out.

Back
Top Bottom