Oddball way to get a bass tone

metalgarth

Inspired
I'm putting this out here because I'm curious if anyone else has gone down this route for a bass preset. I'm getting the best bass guitar tone by using the "tube pre" for an amp block and being driven by the "micro boost". So far, this combo sounds better than the rest of the bass models. (At least to me)

Lots of bass is direct so it makes sense.

You can also try using the Cab block with the "flat" IR and then use the Preamp section of the Cab to get some direct to the mixer tones.

if you share the fm3 preset I'll try it out on my Fender Precision and let you know, Ive been using a modified version of Bass guy that I tweaked.
Best DaveO

I just recorded some bass parts with the tube pre and the flat ir. Put some peq to shape the tone and sounded good.
I will see how it goes when it comes to mixing

I'm putting this out here because I'm curious if anyone else has gone down this route for a bass preset. I'm getting the best bass guitar tone by using the "tube pre" for an amp block and being driven by the "micro boost". So far, this combo sounds better than the rest of the bass models. (At least to me)

If you on the search for a modern distorted Bass sound, you can try my preset i posted in another thread, maybe you like it.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/only-use-1-amp-block-at-a-time.158533/post-2041479

Going to check it out... what types of tones are you going for? I have been having problems getting a super fuzzed out bass tone

There you go. It's real simple. Use Scene 3
Metalgarth I loaded your preset and liked it, though for me on my FM3 the patch and scenes were a bit different than how I approach my patches, I usually will not use a compressor in two different parts of the signal chain but that's just me as I was playing with it and found the second compressor interesting after the amp block it works quite well in calming down the amp block. For what's it worth here is my interpretation using Bass Guy Bass amp and 4x10 Bassguy 4047 cab with my USA fender precision bass, I'm liking to use it with a low input trim and input drive on sceen1, then on scene 2 I bring it up a bit more w/compressor and scene 3 is over driven ala John Wetton of King Crimson/Red.
Cheers DaveO

Attachments

• DaveO Bass Guy.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 14
Not sure if you've tried the Ownhammer AMPG bass IRs, but those have helped me get better bass sounds. Worth the $30 I'd say

Is this the preset without a cab block? Sounded really good!
Hello chrisjnyc;

Personally, I don't like cab blocks. I don't like the way they color my sound. I only use them as color for effect chains.

I surely think I'm in the minority, as I see that so many folks love them. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong - lol.

Back
Top Bottom