Odd Problem with FCB1010

JRod4928

Power User
I just got it today and programmed it so that button 1 changes to scene 2, and buttons 6-10 change presets. Expression pedal B is assigned to all of my volume pedals in all presets and scenes. Everything was working PERFECTLY, until...

I was making some edits to my presets in AXE-Edit, and now the volume won't respond to my expression pedal in SCENE 1 only. It will still respond as programmed in Scene 2, however...

If I'm in Scene 2, and I move the exp. pedal so that the volume is at say, 7, then I change to scene 1, it will carry over the volume into Scene 1... meaning, Scene 1 volume will be at 7. But when I move the exp pedal, it won't change the volume in scene 1. Again, if I move to Scene 2 and move the exp pedal to 10, then change to Scene 1, the volume will stay at 10 in Scene 1... does this make sense?

Why did it decide to stop working properly while I was using axe edit? (yes, the volume block is still assigned to the correct expression pedal). What should I do?

I do not use an editor to program my fcb1010's but when done manually you have to program the exspresion pedals for every switch in every bank

I believe I did that, and at one point it was working as expected. But it suddenly stopped working on scene 1. Could there be a conflict between axe edit and the midi commands? Who knows, it does the same thing regardless of whether I have axe edit open or not . I'll try re programming the fcb and see if that helps. It didn't take long.

Severed probably has your answer!! I don't use the volume blocks, I just control input volume so I did not even think about that. input volume is always input volume on any scene or preset. if you like having the volume control in front.

If the block was bypassed the last pedal position wouldn't affect the level heard. It sounds more like the FCB pedal is being disabled when switching to scene 1. Is this the stock EPROM or something else? While you're on scene 1 after this occurs, does the Axe-FX MIDI IN LED light up when you move the pedal?

If the block was bypassed the last pedal position wouldn't affect the level heard. It sounds more like the FCB pedal is being disabled when switching to scene 1. Is this the stock EPROM or something else? While you're on scene 1 after this occurs, does the Axe-FX MIDI IN LED light up when you move the pedal?

++
And if the LED is lighted up, check the MIDI number of the pedal... And be careful that FCB1010 is only "Midi out", meaning that if you change your scene/presets on the Axe FX (or with Axe Edit), the FCB1010 is still on the same preset...

I'll look into that. The volume block is not disabled, and the midi in led light does blink, so I know the fcb is sending the commands.

++
And if the LED is lighted up, check the MIDI number of the pedal... And be careful that FCB1010 is only "Midi out", meaning that if you change your scene/presets on the Axe FX (or with Axe Edit), the FCB1010 is still on the same preset...

Its a stock FCB, no mods.

I only have one midi cable connecting fcb midi out to axe fx MidI in. Perhaps something got crossed up when I changed stuff on axe edit? I still don't understand how it suddenly stopped working. I'll try all of your suggestions tonight. Thanks for the quick responses guys

try this with a new patch from scratch. some times we do things by accident when tweaking and just don't look in the correct place to fix it. a new patch may help bring this out.

I figured it out :) thanks guys. New question though - how can I program one of the buttons to turn the tuner on/off? I think its CC15, but what value? can't seem to get it to work

if you are tap dance programing, pick your switch, skip the relays unless using them, select cnt1 + cnt2, program cnt1 to 15 value 127, then cnt 2 15 value 0. now one step turns it on one step turns it off. if you want the pedals to work during or after the tuner switching do not forget to also program them for that switch!

I have a pretty basic setup. Bank 1 buttons 6-10 are all presets. buttons 1-3 are scenes 2-4. 4 is tap tempo and 5 is tuner.

I do not use the tuner(to blind got a rack mount Pitch Black) but I also do scenes on bottom and patches on top, except I have one bank that is looper record on 10 stop play on 5, and scenes on 1 through 4. I can select any preset in another bank and then bank up to my looper bank and record a clean scene and then solo over it and stop and start it. I use this on some Metallica covers, not perfect but songs like fade to black do not sound right with one guitar. I can record the intro lead over it, record the verse and lead over it etc. I also connect 2 fcb's together phantom powered and can control the axe from 2 locations.

That's a cool idea. I'll probably set up some other banks for other applications like playing at home and playing with certain bands. I've learned a lot over the past few days about how midi works. It's not intimidating anymore, though I'm glad I bought an FCB and that there was a walk through on the forum to help get me started! And of course, you guys to help too :)

as far as I know not with the stock chip and no editor, only preset changes, cc messages, and 2 relays, 2 exp pedals. if it can with a chip or a pc editor I have no Idea!

Yes with a Uno Eprom you can do what you are trying to obtain. Any editor on PC will permit you to extract the sysex and to check what is going on if something doesn't work. I suggest you downoad this : Ripwerx FCB1010 Editor - Welcome
But other editors are available. You'll need a Midi-USB interface to pick up the sysex on your computer.

Back
Top Bottom