Ocean Machine

Morphine

Experienced
Took a stab at putting together a preset that is close to Devin Townsends Ocean Machine album.

Thanks to Ryan from Plague Scythe Studios (check him out on YT). He was kind enough to let me use some of his settings from his AX8 preset.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Ocean Machine.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 55
This is a an attempt to make a preset with dynamic signal paths as described by Devin in regards to his 'Ocean Machine Pedal.

Built on Morphine's Ocean Machine setting, I added a dynamic delay/reverb patch-mux and a looper to mimic an 'ocean machine pedal' feature that allows dynamic live patching of 2 delays and a reverb (axe3-mk1). For example Scene 1 is "D1->D2-Rev", switching to scene 4 reconnects the active Fx as "D2->Rev->D1" while keeping the delays and reverb live. Six Scenes cover all fx mux combinations. I am not sure if 'order' makes a big difference but it does make a big sound.Ocean Machine Mux.png

Attachments

• Ocean Machine Mux.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Awesome!

And man... my old Ocean Machine preset is kinda cringey. Id upload my most recent one but it's using a 3rd party IR from YA for the dry cab.

Here's the preset. I based the main sound off the tones from the Ocean Machine and Infinity live streams. I've left the cab 1 slot in the cab block empty. You'll want to put the YA FDMN 412 BLND Mix 01 in that spot. The lead sound has the echo cranked so it's kind of in the Deep Peace solo territory.

Used a Framus with Devins Fishman pickups to dial this up. Works well with EMGs too. Haven't tried it with anything else so YMMV.

Attachments

• DT MAIN PRESET 2022.fasBundle
    22.2 KB · Views: 31
Here's the preset. I based the main sound off the tones from the Ocean Machine and Infinity live streams. I've left the cab 1 slot in the cab block empty. You'll want to put the YA FDMN 412 BLND Mix 01 in that spot. The lead sound has the echo cranked so it's kind of in the Deep Peace solo territory.

Used a Framus with Devins Fishman pickups to dial this up. Works well with EMGs too. Haven't tried it with anything else so YMMV.
Sweet, thanks. Will try this out tonight. I've never owned one but heard it on Devins Ytube video. Sounded pretty awesome.

Back
Top Bottom