NZ to USA adapter

elkabyle

Inspired
Just got my axe-fx today, I Live in New Zealand and I realised the axe was shipped with an american grounded AC plug. Can I use any random computer type cable, or a travel plug adapter?

NZ is 230V, yes? You'll just be able to use your random computer cable. I think I stole mine from an old monitor or something. :)

Yes NZ is 230V, same as the UK. I've got a spare monitor cable so I'll use it when I get home. Can't wait!
I was just cautious, it would have been sad to blow up the unit.

Wow, looks like there's a few of us in NZ with these bad boys.....

What are you NZ guys running the Axe through? I'm using a QSC K10, but wouldn't mind trying a Fratomic.....

I'm using a velocity 300 with an orange ppc112, marshall 1936, or peavey quad depending on where I am. I was contemplating going the mackie 1531 route but I'm pretty happy with my sound right now. I'll definitely be at least trying out the mackie at some stage though.

Hi Guys, Andrew from Independent Music here in Australia. We've been selling Axe-Fx's to some New Zealand clients and we're really keen to make the Atomic Amp range available to our NZ clients as well, as they really are the best amp for your Axe-Fx.

We have warehouse space waiting in Auckland, but we need to know that there are enough New Zealanders interested in the product for us to ship a whole shipment into the warehouse. We were hoping to do a bit of a roadshow earlier in the year through New Zealand to show of the Fractal / Atomic products, but with the natural disasters and our stock shortages, we've had to put it on hold for a little bit. In the meantime, who's potentially interested?

Last edited:
I'm all for a distributor closer to NZ but with the Australian dollar as strong as it is and the increased price of the Ultra (compared to ordering directly from Fractal) it would have cost me an extra $1000 to purchase from Australia...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom